Applications for this role are now closed.
Apprentice Compressed Air Engineer
Qualification: Level 3 Compressed Air and Vacuum Technician
Based in Stanton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, Air Power East Ltd is a leading supplier of Compressed
Air Solutions in East Anglia. We are looking for an Apprentice Engineer to join our successful team.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in engineering and a hands-on career working with
Compressed Air. You will be working with engineers, in a workshop, on the job training and working
in the field during the apprenticeship.
This is a fixed term position from the commencement of the apprenticeship until completion of the
apprenticeship qualification which is expected to be in the region of 36 months in total. The
apprenticeship may lead to a full-time job as a skilled engineer.
The role is based on 40 hours a week work with one hour allowed for lunch,(8-5pm Monday to
Friday) including study time to complete the mandatory 20% Off the Job Training study time within
those hours to complete the Level 3 Compressed Air and Vacuum Technician
• To carry out planned maintenance on air compressors and ancillary equipment
• To assist with installations and servicing and repairing compressed air systems
• To organise and complete air tool repairs
• To assist with spares identification, supporting goods in/out orders/finding parts for
engineers as may be required
• To support the engineers by attending equipment breakdowns and to carry out repairs
• Complete relevant paperwork in detail, ensuring it is clear, accurate and legible
• Provide the highest standard of care for our customers
• Interest or experience in mechanics, pneumatics, working on cars/vehicles/plant or farm
• Basic mechanical engineering
• Strong communication skills and the ability to build excellent relationships with all
customers, team members and management
• Tenacity and positivity with a strong drive to succeed
Desired Personal Qualities
A team player with a positive attitude who is trustworthy, methodical and dependable. A selfmotivated individual looking to increase their knowledge base and engage with all areas of the
• GCSE at Grade 4 or above in Maths and English
• Desirable ICT qualification and/or knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a initial assessment to establish course
suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at
grades 9- 4.
• Salary Minimum of £4.81 per hour National Apprenticeship Minimum wage, up to £6.00
per hour depending on experience
• Holiday 28 days holiday per year including Bank and Public Holidays
• Company uniform
• Free parking
• Free tea and coffee
• Tools and Clothing allowance
To apply for this role, please register your interest by emailing your CV and accompanying
letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2023
National Apprenticeship Minimum wage
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
About Air Power East LTD
Air Compressor Specialists - Air Power East is a family owned Private Limited Company, established in 1991. We are dedicated to providing a professional personal service to all our customers on all types of air compressor equipment.