Would you like to join a forward-thinking organisation that makes a real difference in people’s lives?
Would you like to gain qualifications and skills to help you move to the next stage of your career?
If so, joining Saffron’s Community as an apprentice would be the perfect opportunity for you to train and develop as an Apprentice Admin Assistant. To assist with the administration tasks associated within Saffron’s Strategic Asset Management team, which includes working within a number of areas including Surveying, Energy Performance and Property Improvements.
About the Department
Strategic Asset Management focuses on the long-term planning of the maintenance and improvements to Saffron’s housing stock. The team manages the collection of stock data via Total Property Management surveys and handles the energy performance of the stock. The team also incorporates the Improvements section of Asset Management, which covers most of the large upgrades to our properties which includes kitchens, bathrooms, re-roofing, windows, doors etc. Along with the Health & Safety team which ensures that all relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures are followed and that all of our properties including large sheltered housing schemes remain compliant with current regulations.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake and complete the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
- Work within the Strategic Asset Management team to learn on the job knowledge and skills by:
- Being the first point of contact for enquiries from tenants, contractors and other organisations via telephone and email.
- Using our in-house computer operating system to:
- Process invoices and liaise with managing budget holders.
- Raise job instructions for contractors
- Checking appointment availability of the in-housework force and booking in jobs when required
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the Role Profile.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest of working in a busy office environment dealing with customers and tenants.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a team and also able to work independently.
- Intuitive with IT and possess good IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Good level of general education including GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 / C or above, although a positive attitude and a willingness to work toward equivalent qualifications is equally important.
Apprenticeship Training Provider
The apprenticeship training provider will be City College, Norwich.
The closing date for this job offer is on 18/07/2021
£9,033.26 to £17,421.28 per annum
This job is located in Based from Long Stratton, Norwich / Agile Working, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Saffron Housing
Established in 2004 and operating from a head office in Long Stratton, just a short drive South of Norwich on the A140, we manage over 6,000 homes throughout East Anglia. We p...