At Aviva we strongly believe that new ideas and perspectives are invaluable to our business. So, we are looking for individuals with a curious mind and above all a passion for either technology, software development, security or cloud-based computing to join us as an Apprentice.
As a successful candidate, you will have a unique opportunity to start a career with the UK’s largest insurer whilst working towards gaining either a Software Developer Level 4, cyber security technologist or IT solutions technician qualification.
We are looking for dynamic and forward-thinking candidates to join our very talented team within the Digital Gateway department. Currently we are entering an extremely exciting time as we migrate our technical stack and expand the services we offer, taking advantage of the latest products and tools in the world of cloud computing.
Our current primary delivery is moving our security infrastructure and applications into the cloud, taking advantage of the benefits and solutions that come with cloud-based technologies. Our focus is creating a platform that provides controlled and, above all, secure system access for our customers and partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Apprentice Cyber Security Developer you will be trained to do a variety of tasks including:
- You will have an interest in software development, (using Java as an example) to produce code that sits behind a website, ideally with appreciation of how a connection and system are secured to prevent unauthorised access.
- You will have an interest in the security aspects of modern internet facing systems, with interests with anything along the lines of cyber security, ethical hacking, firewalls, authentication and vulnerability management.
- You will have an interest in infrastructure and operating systems, ideally Linux based (but windows experience is also welcomed), with knowledge of a scripting or programming language, this could be used to build experience of delivering infrastructure as a service (IAAS).
- As a Security Gateway Software Developer / Engineer in our Gateway & Security team, there are several paths you could take based on your skills and interests.
Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
Skills and experience required:
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and motivation and be committed to developing themselves to build a long-term career in Aviva. You will also hold a minimum of either of the below:
- 5 GCSE’s A-C this must include English and Maths also preferably an IT or business-related subject
- 3 A levels at grade A-C, a Level 3 apprenticeship or other equivalent qualifications
- Natural curiosity, initiative and innovation
- Evidence of programming interests (i.e. examples of own code)
- Desire to learn
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Good team player, networking across the virtual team
- Performance driven
- Owning personal development
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary of £17,000
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Louis Fogg in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 6674 or Louis.email@example.com
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...