Provide efficient and reliable chair-side support to Practice Clinicians. The role will also require working in other areas of the practice such as Reception, dealing with patient queries, answering the phone, taking payments and booking appointments.
Weekly wage - £153.90 - £285.00
Working week - Monday-Friday, shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 38.00
Apprenticeship duration - 12 months
Possible start date - 05 Mar 2018
Apprenticeship level - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Reference number - VAC001359016
- Keep the cleaning areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate, according to the practice's Health & Safety and infection control procedures and manufacturer's instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair-side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Always ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
- Accurately complete patients’ records as directed
- Observe patient confidentiality at all times
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance PPE, COSHH, Mercury Handling, infection control, waste disposal, etc.
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Order/ask the practice manager/receptionist to order new supplies as required
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as it may be required to develop your skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Personal qualities
- Good team player
GCSE A*-C or Functional skills level 2 in Maths and English, however lower grades will be considered.
Could lead to a permanent position and further training.
About Apprenticeships Suffolk
We are the Apprenticeships Suffolk Young Person's Service delivered by Suffolk County Council. You may have seen us out and about, at your school or college in our orange shirts with our stand giving out useful information or delivering apprenticeship worksho...