Applications for this role are now closed.
Would you like to join a forward-thinking organisation that makes a real difference in people’s lives?
Would you like to gain qualifications and skills to help you move to the next stage of your career?
If so, joining Saffron’s Community as an apprentice would be the perfect opportunity for you to train and develop as an Apprentice Admin Assistant to work with the Development team to gain knowledge and experience to become a fully-fledged Development Assistant.
About the Department
The Development Team is a department that focuses on building and acquiring new homes for rent and low-cost home ownership. We manage a huge variety of projects, from our land-led sites to off-the-shelf purchases, working with local house builders and contractors across Norfolk and Suffolk. We liaise closely with our Housing Management colleagues (who let the new homes to tenants), and our Asset Management colleagues (who plan regular maintenance and repairs on those homes in the future). There is a lot of paperwork involved in building, buying, letting and selling homes, but our job doesn’t end when we hand over the keys: we use feedback to evolve and improve our house designs and our specifications so that we never lose sight of our aim - to provide quality homes for our tenants and residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake and complete the Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship level 3.
- Monitor the Development team’s correspondence ‘in-tray’ via our in-house computer operating system (C365), telephone calls, e-mail etc.
- Liaise with developers concerning defect repair works.
- Communicate with tenants and/or developers regarding follow ups concerning the completion of works.
- Arrange and attend end of Defect Liability Period inspections.
- Assist with the analysis of defect repairs, to monitor developer performance.
- Undertake relevant onsite training to cover all aspects of affordable housing development - from site assessment and feasibility right through the planning process, site investigation, contract, construction, and handover of new homes to the Housing team.
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the Role Profile.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest of working within the construction and development environment.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a team and also able to work independently.
- Intuitive with IT and possess good IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Good level of general education including GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 / C or above, although a positive attitude and a willingness to work toward equivalent qualifications is equally important.
Apprenticeship Training Provider
The apprenticeship training provider will be City College, Norwich
The closing date for this job offer is on 18/07/2021
£18,000 per annum
This job is located in Based from Long Stratton, Norwich / Agile Working, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Saffron Housing
Established in 2004 and operating from a head office in Long Stratton, just a short drive South of Norwich on the A140, we manage over 6,000 homes throughout East Anglia. We p...