Applications for this role are now closed.
Clare Bears Community Pre-School provides care and education for 2 to 5 year old children. We are located in the ‘Old School Community Centre’ in the heart of Clare, where we have been based for the last 40 years.
We are open 38 weeks each year, Monday-Friday term time only, offering a mix of government/private funded morning, afternoon and full day care sessions. We are a small staff team of 5 and have about 30 children currently registered, all attending differing hours. We are open 32.5 hours per week, weekdays 8.30-3.00pm.
Clare Bears Community Pre-School provides care and education for 2 to 5 year old children. We are located in the ‘Old School Community Centre’ in the heart of Clare, where we have been based for the last 40 years. They have an exciting opportunity for a childcare apprentice to join the team.
We provide high quality care and education to children aged 2- 5. We need a passionate, enthusiastic staff member to join our experienced team to build on our current success. You will work as part of the preschool team under the direction of the manager. You will provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
Please find below some of your duties and expectations as an apprentice:
- To assist with the planning and delivery of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
- Actively work towards the apprenticeship with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe.
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in developing own skills within the workplace.
- To help to set up the playroom(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To act as a joint key person (alongside a qualified Level 3+ colleague) to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- To support children with their personal care needs.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To promote the preschool to current parents and potential customers.
5 GCSE's or Equivalent-PASS (including Maths and English grade C/level 4 or above if you intend to go on to Level 3)
The candidate must want to work with children under 5 and be able to interact appropriately with them.
- You must be able to communicate with both children and adults in a professional manner.
- You should want to make learning fun and engaging to encourage children to join in.
- You should be well organised, proactive and eager to learn and master new skills.
- You should be able to maintain a professional image at all times.
- You should be an excellent team worker.
- You must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- You must have a sense of humour, common sense and a "can do" attitude.
- You must be a good time keeper; punctuality and attendance.
- You must be honest and reliable.
- You must have good communication skills and a friendly manner.
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship
Things to consider
We work with the children outside in all weathers, rain, cold, snow etc. The applicants must be prepared to carry out general cleaning, washing up and tidying. Personal care of the children will be required, including nappy changing. Documentation and record keeping is a key part of monitoring children’s development and therefore deadlines need to be met.
Wage for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour for 35 hours per week, term time only. Monthly salary is approximately £548.
The role can be started in June 2021 or September 2021.
The post is based in Clare but travel may be required for courses.
Please check that you can arrange transport for your daily commute to Clare.
Benefits: • Monthly pay • NEST pension scheme • Excellent career opportunities • In house training • Caring, supportive environment and culture
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team at Clare Bears Community Pre-School. We are looking to recruit someone who is an enthusiastic and committed person, and training will be provided to initially level 2, progressing through to completion the professional qualification in childcare and above, potentially to level 3 and permanent position. Our previous apprentice stayed with us and went on to become our deputy manager. If you are interested in a career in childcare and are passionate about working with children then we would be very supportive in ensuring you achieve your goals.
How to apply
Please click this link t make your application https://wsc.enrola.co.uk/opportunity/6053775be5b4b?_cldee=bWFnZ2llLm5vb25hbkB3c2MuYWMudWs%3d&recipientid=contact-a70ac426877fe81180cb00155d0d10c6-7449cd33dd9840b985f180a457f71d90&esid=2618d0db-b488-eb11-8450-00155d000431
The closing date for this job offer is on 10/04/2021
£150 per week
This job is located in Clare, Sudbury, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.