Applications for this role are now closed.
Would you like to join a forward-thinking organisation that makes a real difference in people’s lives?
Would you like to gain qualifications and skills to help you move to the next stage of your career?
If so, joining Saffron’s Community as an apprentice would be the perfect opportunity for you to train and develop as an Apprentice Electrician by attending training to gain the appropriate qualifications whilst gaining on the job skills and experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake and complete the level 3 Electrotechnical qualification and AM2.
- Work within the Electrical team with our inhouse Electricians to carry out all electrical domestic works including:
o Maintenance, modernisation, improvements and remedial works
Please see the full list of responsibilities on the Role Profile.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest of training and working within the Electrical sector.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Able to work as part of a team and also able to work independently.
- The ability to recognise the importance of listening and taking instruction whilst maintaining initiative.
- Possess a sound practical ability with good hand eye coordination.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working within confined areas e.g. roof spaces, which are subject to fluctuating temperatures during the year.
- Ability to use a mobile device (mobile phone/tablet) to send and receive emails, access apps and MS Teams for meetings / training.
- Good level of general education including GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 / C or above, although a positive attitude and a willingness to work toward equivalent qualifications is equally important.
Apprenticeship Training Provider
The apprenticeship training provider will be JTL (a national training provider based in Bowthorpe, Norwich). It is essential that all applicants register with JTL before submitting an application to Saffron. The JTL registration can be completed via their website www.jtltraining.com, where you will be required to complete the online entry assessment which includes literacy, numeracy, learning style, applicant profile and colour vision.
The closing date for this job offer is on 11/07/2021
£9,033.26 to £17,421.28 per annum
This job is located in Based from Long Stratton, Norwich / Working throughout the area covered by Saffron, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Saffron Housing
Established in 2004 and operating from a head office in Long Stratton, just a short drive South of Norwich on the A140, we manage over 6,000 homes throughout East Anglia. We p...