Applications for this role are now closed.
Monday - Friday - 8:30 – 17:00 with 1 hour lunch and optional health and wellbeing break
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Aug 2021
- Excellent communication skills
- A good level of numeracy and computer literacy
An understanding of one or more of the following is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided:
- Electrical installations
- Building Regulations
Applicants should demonstrate a technical awareness and show an interest in learning how electro-mechanical products and devices operate. In order to be successful the appointed candidate will need to be a quick learner. They will have a practical, questioning mind; enjoy solving problems and also a passion for looking after our customers.
GCSE or equivalent:-
- Maths, English Language is essential at grade A*-C+/9-5
- ICT and Technical Drawing is desirable
- Spanish would be an additional benefit
S&P UK Ventilation Systems Ltd is looking for an Apprentice Technician to join their Technical team, who are responsible for all aspects of technical and product support for customers across their business in the UK.
Our apprenticeship will build familiarity on how our business operates, together with a knowledge and expertise on our ventilation products. Our apprentice will join the technical team, whilst maintaining strong team interaction with the customer services department. In addition, the successful applicant will be extending their formal education, a college course attended for 3 years working towards an NVQ qualification.
The role reports into the Technical Manager who in turn reports to the Operations Director.
- Recording products returned under our warrantee procedure, testing and inspecting them electrically and mechanically, determining potential causes of failure, reporting on the units and repairing them if economically viable. Maintaining the log of returned products and liaising with the customer to resolve any disputes
- Mechanical and electrical assembly work and rework, where for instance fans may require incorporating into other products, where guards may need fitting, or where products may need to be assembled to accessories prior to despatch
- Occasional electrical testing of stock products in order to assist installers or to “prove” a scheme prior to quotation
- Servicing the requirements of existing and potential purchasers and installers, generally by telephone and/or email communication giving advice on product selection, operation, installation and maintenance in accordance with relevant Regulations/Standards
- Providing a technical service to the sales team
- On occasion representing the Company at exhibitions and/or customers premises
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/06/2021
This job is located in Ipswich
More Information and How to Apply
About S&P UK Ventilation Systems Ltd
S&P UK Ventilation Systems Ltd is the UK subsidiary of the S&P Ventilation Group of companies. Established in 1951 S&P who are based in Ipswich supply a wide range of fan and air moving products to a diverse national and international client base. Now after a...