Fixed term up to two years.
Have you started a career in finance and want to develop your career?
Are you prepared to study and work?
We have an apprenticeship opportunity in our Finance Department, where you will work towards and complete a Level 3/4 AAT qualification.
Apprenticeships have changed, there is now no upper age limit on being an apprentice and we welcome applications from anyone who is interested in starting or further developing their career in this area. For more information on who is eligible to apply for an apprenticeship please click here.
You should have at least one year’s experience working with financial systems and have a strong desire and aptitude to learn.
- be enthusiastic, focused and motivated to take on this challenging role
- be organised with excellent IT, communication and analytical skills
- have at least 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 - 9 (Grade C and above) or equivalent including mathematics and English.
In return we offer:
- a fully funded and supported Level 3 or 4 AAT accountancy qualification, depending on your prior knowledge and experience
- generous annual leave entitlements and high street discount scheme
- valuable work-based skills from day one
- multiple training courses and development opportunities.
As a Finance Systems Specialist, your duties would include:
- identifying opportunities to improve service delivery through driving and implementing changes to financial systems, processes and procedures
- providing advice and assistance with financial system and process issues
- to help support the maintenance and delivery of the council’s financial systems.
For an informal discussion only please contact Tracey Woods on (01473) 265639 or 07720 210656.
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/09/2019
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk County Council
Suffolk County Council is the administrative authority for the county of Suffolk in England. It is run by 75 elected county councillors, representing 63 divisions. The main offices are located in Ipswich, with supporting services located elsewhere across the....