About the employer
Places for People Leisure manage leisure centres on behalf of Local Authority partners offering affordable activities to help you to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. We have recently become a social enterprise as a result of the acquisition by property management and development group Places for People, a not-for-dividend organisation.
Shifts T.B.C. Total hours per week: 40.00
As an apprentice within the gym, you will develop your fitness skills and experience, you will be encouraged to participate in group fitness sessions and build up to running your own classes.
Applicants who can demonstrate their passion for health and fitness are welcome to apply. We will be employing a candidate with exceptional levels of communication skills. It is expected that you have the ability to work within the team, to be independent in your daily tasks and to use your initiative when it comes to club operations and member experience. At all times an apprentice will be expected to behave in a professional manner and a member of the team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Learning how to create personal exercise plans for members
• Demonstrating activities for members to follow
• Showing members how to use exercise machines and free weights correctly
• Working in line with health and safety standards while supervising members to make sure they are exercising safely and effectively
• When on duty acting as a point of contact for members dealing with any problems or concerns
• Complete health and safety checks as and when directed
• Be the point of contact for new members, taking them through the application process from start to finish including tours.
• General housekeeping duties in the club, making sure the club is kept to a clean and professional standard
• Make sure that all members adhere to the club rules as per their agreement
• Maintain a high level of commitment to your studies and share your progress with the club Manager
• Take part in any promotional activity
This is a 12 month apprenticeship position working towards the Level 2 Apprenticeship in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, you’ll be working 40 hours a week on a shift rota. The training is provided by Lifetime Training.
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/03/2019
This job is located in Sheringham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.