This position is 30 hours per week working 4 days per week, days to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Jul 2021
GCSE E/2 grade Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
The diverse and historic landscape we maintain at Holkham consists of a six and a half acre walled garden currently undergoing a phased project of improvements and restoration; eleven acres of private formal Victorian terraces with box parterres and fountain; and an adjacent arboretum and pleasure grounds. We also maintain large areas of formal lawns, wildflower areas, gardens surrounding the Victoria Inn and Ancient House, green space in Holkham Village, Longlands Business Park and a number of visitor car parks on the wider estate.
Tasks vary on a daily basis and will include, but not be limited to:
- Communicating regularly with the Head Gardener and Gardens Supervisor and to carry out all reasonable tasks
- Ensuring your work is carried out as part of the Gardens team and to complete assigned tasks
- Carrying out all work to a high standard on all areas of the estate
- Ensuring all aspects of safe working practice and health and safety legislation is adhered to at all times
The successful candidates will:
- Have a real passion for gardening and a keen interest in plants
- Preferably have a driving licence
- Be hardworking, flexible, energetic, conscientious and trustworthy
- Have a genuine commitment to work to the highest possible standard with excellent attention to detail
- Be good at taking direction but also be able to work under their own initiative and solve problems
- Be able to work in a team as well as stand-alone
- Have good communication skills
- Be diligent with regards to Health and Safety
The closing date for this job offer is on 14/05/2021
This job is located in Wells-Next-The-Sea
More Information and How to Apply
About Holkham Estate
Holkham is a special place where a stunning coastal landscape meets one of England’s great agricultural estates. It is a haven for wildlife, walkers and anyone seeking to connect with the uplifting power of nature.