We’re seeking a hard-working, creative, outgoing person, keen to start a career in hairdressing by completing a qualification at our salon in Felixstowe.
As an Apprentice at The Taffeta Room, you should be prepared to work on a Saturday and also until 6pm at least one evening per week and until 8pm on occasion. Full working pattern to be agreed. Total hours per week: 31.00
2 years apprenticeship.
We can offer an attractive training programme and sound practical experience. We have a successful track record - our most recent staff members started as apprentices and progressed to becoming fully-qualified Level 3 stylists.
As an Apprentice at The Taffeta Room, you will: -
- Undertake a range of hair preparation and styling tasks under the supervision of the manager, ensuring the technical skills and product knowledge you acquire within the salon and through your college-based training are put into practice.
- Shadow the manager in order to observe a range of more complex techniques and procedures, taking notes and records as necessary.
- Carry out other salon-based tasks under observation and build a portfolio of evidence as part of the assessment procedures required to complete your apprenticeship.
- Maintain high customer service standards by demonstrating a willingness to understand and fulfil customer requirements and showing a positive attitude towards customers and colleagues.
- When requested, provide reception cover, answer the telephone and follow the salon’s booking systems, ensuring that appointments and customer records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Uphold the image of the salon by ensuring displays and customer information are up-to-date, all areas of the salon are clean and well-maintained and stock is stored correctly.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Attend other training courses for self-development as required by the salon. This will include learning how to deliver our IBD Gel Nail service.
- The full job description and person specification are available on request.
The closing date for this job offer is on 16/07/2018
This job is located in Felixstowe, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.