12 month Fixed Term Contract - Apprenticeship, based at The Francis Centre, Bowthorpe Industrial Estate, Norwich
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to become an Apprentice Receptionist and gain experience in the NHS. You will develop new skills and knowledge whilst working with an established team gaining valuable work experience and a recognised apprenticeship qualification.
You will be enrolled with a local education provider and will be required to complete your Level 2Â Business Administration Apprenticeship Programme within the duration of the placement.
The Health Records Library is a large warehouse style facility that stores live patient case notes, deceased patient records and additionally houses part of the Trust's Archive.
We are looking to recruit two enthusiastic Apprentice Health Record Clerks to join the department at a very exciting time as the Trust moves towards an electronic digital record. The role provides an essential service in all aspects of case notes management in support of the health care activities of the Trust, other Trusts and authorised external agencies.
As post holder you will :
- ensure that the risk of further space constraints within the library is significantly reduced through a robust programme of culling and scanning.
- be required to frequently handle large volumes of case notes of varying size during the course of their duties; this will involve manual handling of patientsâ case notes requiring sustained periods of physical effort and the use of basic items of moving and handling equipment whilst working in a large off site warehouse style facility
All applicants must be:
• Aged 16+
• Resident in the UK/EEA for the last three years
• Must not have a Degree, Level 4 qualification or above
• Must NOT be in any form of formal government-funded education
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Good general standard of education
• 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above (or equivalent)Â
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good IT skills
The NNUH are pleased to be able to offer a variety of challenging apprenticeships. Should you be selected for interview we may wish to discuss with you a range of alternative positions for you to consider.
Hours of work : full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17.00,
Opening Date for Applications: 31st May 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 10th June 2018
Interview date : Tuesday 19th June 2018
The closing date for this job offer is on 10/06/2018
About Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust carries out nearly one million outpatient appointments, day case procedures and inpatient admissions annually. The population we serve is predominantly the people of Norfolk and north Suffolk, a...