Applications for this role are now closed.
About the employer
Caring Homes is an independent national network of residential, nursing and dementia homes providing person-centred care. We are a family business, established in 1994 by Helena and Paul Jeffery. Everything we do is directed by the needs of the individuals we care for and their families. By caring for the whole person and their unique personality, likes and interests, we create better bonds, more stimulating communities, safer environments and better lives.
Days and shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Jan 2021
Qube Learning are working with Caring Homes Group to help find an Apprentice Healthcare Assistant.
The successful candidate will complete an Adult Care Worker Level 2 or 3 qualification (dependant on experience), lasting 15 months.
During your apprenticeship you will have a dedicated Skills Tutor, who will make regular appointments virtually or face to face, to support you throughout your qualification.
Maths and English Functional Skills will also be included in your apprenticeship, if you do not already hold a C/4 grade and above in GCSE.
Your apprenticeship will be completed 100% at the workplace.
- Report to person in charge
- To actively promote the independence, rights and choices of the home’s residents
- To maintain and implement the organisations philosophy of care
- To maintain and implement the organisations policies and procedures
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse
- To participate in providing activities for the residents both within the Home and with outside activities
- Maintain people’s equality, diversity and right’s, and assist the residents to maintain their independence
- Maintain health, safety and security within the Home
- All aspects of care provision for the residents within the Home-
- Enable clients to maintain and improve their mobility
- Enable clients to eat and drink
- Enable clients to maintain personal hygiene and appearance
- Contribute to the moving and handling of clients to maximise physical comfort
- Enable clients to access and use toilet facilities
- Preparing residents to be examined by Health Care Professionals
- Assisting Health Care Professionals involved with the Homes residents
- Completing current and appropriate resident documentation which includes daily record keeping, charts and care plans
- To attend and contribute to Team and General meetings
- To undertake light domestic duties as required e.g. laundry, cleaning after meal service (Additional tasks at night)
- Any other duties deemed appropriate in conjunction with the Team Leader/ Registered Nurse/Home Manager
- Provision of personalised and person centre care in dignified and respectful manner in accordance with Company’s Policies and Procedures
- The constant safeguarding of service users
- Continuously assess, implement and evaluate residents care
- Ensure care follows NMC code of conduct
- Always maintain professional conduct
- Adopt safe working practices in accordance with health & safety guidelines
- Responsible for continuous professional development in accordance with the requirements of the NMW guidelines
- Ensure personal and mandatory training is kept up to date
- To contribute to the home being complaint
- Duty of Candour
- To be responsive to changing needs of resident and to report to the person in charge
Sharing your details (GDPR)
Qube Learning will not share any of your personal details with any person or company outside our organisation, except the hiring manager for this specific position.
We may share you details with another department within Qube Learning if we feel we could help you with the many other training opportunities we offer.
The closing date for this job offer is on 15/01/2021
This job is located in Sudbury
More Information and How to Apply
About Qube Learning
We are committed to providing a flexible and welcoming approach when working with both our customers and students, ensuring all parties are comfortable and well informed from the offset. We are passionate about building great relationships and pride ourselves...