About the employer
The Fakenham Medical Practice, is an eleven Doctor dispensing practice providing care to around 15,000 patients in and around Fakenham in North Norfolk.
We work from modern, purpose-built premises. The partners and staff have a shared belief in the delivery of high quality, traditional personal family healthcare. Patients' interests are kept very much to the fore and there is a strong commitment to develop patient services. To promote a multi-disciplinary team approach, we share our premises with other providers including a pharmacy, adult social services and local community services e.g. physiotherapy and midwifery.
STEADFAST TRAINING LTD
Monday to Friday. This apprenticeship's working hours are worked out on a rota basis. The earliest start time would be 7am and the latest end time would be 6pm (TBC). Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
27 Feb 2021
Good standard of general education
GCSE mathematics and English grade C/4, equivalent or above
Job duties and responsibilities - To train to be competent to support the provision of first class healthcare to patients, by following agreed clinical protocols under the indirect supervision of Practice Nurses and the Senior HCA, particularly:
- Undertake new patient health checks, ECGs, phlebotomy, testing of urine samples
- Prepare other specimens for collection by pathology service
- Measure, calculate and record patient height, weight and BMI statistics
- Measure and record patient blood pressure and pulse data
- Assist GPs and/or Practice Nurses in clinics as requested, including annual flu clinics
- Administer dressings
- Order clinical supplies as required and sign off deliveries when received
- Monitor and maintain stock levels in consulting rooms, treatments rooms and on trollies
- Respond promptly and appropriately to patient needs e.g. queues, confusion, sickness, calling for help as and when required to do so
To train to be competent to support the nursing and wider practice team and undertake a variety of duties that contribute to the efficient and effective running of the practice, particularly:
- Use the Practice clinical system (SystmOne) to process and record information in an accurate and timely fashion in accordance with Practice policies and procedures
- Facilitate excellent communication between patients, clinicians care and other associated healthcare professionals/agencies
- Cleaning spills of bodily fluids
- Follow appropriate infection control procedures
- Maintain the cleanliness of the reception area, waiting rooms and consulting rooms in the absence of the housekeeping team and keep these areas free from clutter and obstructions
- Act as Chaperone when requested by clinician or patient
To communicate politely and effectively with patients, carers, colleagues and other contacts, recognising people’s needs for alternative methods of communication e.g. translation services and responding accordingly. In this way, through good communication and working collaboratively with colleagues and other agencies to support the provision of a seamless co-ordinated multidisciplinary service.
At all times, to maintain the highest standards of behaviour, to comply with and follow practice and CQC policies, protocols and procedures, including information governance,
- confidentiality, health and safety, infection control, equality and diversity and to report any risk/breach or suspected risk/breach immediately
- To undertake training and development as required for the role, to keep personal development plan up to date and to attend staff meetings
- To undertake any other activities that may from time to time be reasonably requested by the Senior HCA, the Nurse Manager, the Operations Manager or the Chief Executive or Partners
This job description is not exhaustive. You are required to carry out all duties and obligations of which you have been advised, and also to comply with any rules, instructions, directions, policies, protocols and procedures as may from time to time relate to your employment. You will also be provided with verbal instructions as to your job duties and responsibilities, and you should follow such instructions.
You should understand that your job title and job description may be amended from time to time, and that you may be called upon to carry out additional or other duties as may reasonably be required. There may also be times when you are asked to transfer to an alternative job either on a temporary or permanent basis. You will not be assigned to duties or required to perform services which you cannot reasonably be expected to perform.
The nature of our business and the changing needs of the National Health Service mean that you must be flexible in your approach to your work and in the duties that you may be required to undertake in order to provide service to our patients, and that the obligations upon you will inevitably vary and develop.
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/03/2021
This job is located in Fakenham
More Information and How to Apply
About Steadfast Training
At Steadfast Training Ltd we care about the welfare, needs and ambitions of all our learners. We ensure you receive nationally recognised qualifications, and gain transferable skills to allow better performance at work, improve personal development as well as...