Applications for this role are now closed.
Would you like to join an organisation that makes a positive difference to people’s lives?
If so, joining Saffron’s Community would be the perfect opportunity for you to train and develop as an Apprentice Heating Engineer and become part of a team of over 200 employees who are committed to providing quality homes and services to the people of Norfolk and Suffolk
As an Apprentice Heating Engineer, you will attend training to gain a Level 3 in Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician Apprenticeship whilst obtaining valuable on the job skills and experience to kick start your career.
You will work with one of Saffron’s qualified Heating Service Engineers to assist with the servicing, breakdown and repairs of all heating systems of Saffron’s housing stock. To ensure compliance is achieved with regards to the heating servicing programme.
** You can find out more about this apprentice opportunity at Saffron’s Apprentice Open Day on Wednesday 13th July – come along, meet the team and find out more about Saffron **
About the Department
Operational Delivery is often seen as the reactive side of the business that focuses on the maintenance and compliance to our tenants’ homes. Our craftworkers and office team work together to ensure all repairs, boiler servicing and electrical testing are carried out to each of our 6500 properties, as well as upgrading our empty properties ready for the next tenant to move into their new home. Operational Delivery also looks after our Grounds Maintenance team who carry out grass cutting, garden clearances, hedge trimming and tree surgery within our managed areas including our sheltered housing schemes. We ensure that all work is always carried out in safe and timely manner, whilst assuring that we adhere to strict compliance regulations such as gas, electrical, asbestos, fire and legionella.
About the Training
Training will be via JTL (A national training provider based in Norwich).
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake and complete the Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Technician Apprenticeship.
- Working with the Heating team to learn on the job knowledge and skills to become a fully-fledged Heating Engineer by:
- Carrying out basic tasks to assist the engineers in the daily workload.
- Gaining the appropriate skills and knowledge to undertake more complex tasks with guidance from the engineers.
- Supporting all aspects of appliance servicing and breakdown work streams within Saffron.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest of training and working within the Heating sector
- A willingness to seek additional qualifications such as Gas, Unvented Hot Water and Air Source Heat Pumps.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Able to work as part of a team and also able to work independently.
- The ability to recognise the importance of listening and taking instruction whilst maintaining initiative.
- Possess a sound practical ability with good hand eye coordination.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working within confined areas e.g. roof spaces, which are subject to fluctuating temperatures during the year.
- Ability to use a mobile device (mobile phone/tablet) to send and receive emails, access apps and MS Teams for meetings / training.
- Good level of general education including GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 / C or above, although a positive attitude and a willingness to work toward equivalent qualifications is equally important.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/07/2022
£13,176.30 - £18,327.21 per annum
This job is located in Long Stratton, Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Saffron Housing
Established in 2004 and operating from a head office in Long Stratton, just a short drive South of Norwich on the A140, we manage over 6,000 homes throughout East Anglia. We p...