About the employer
We opened the doors of our first UK McDonald’s restaurant in 1974. Now, in over 1,250 UK restaurants, we serve millions of customers, create jobs and provide opportunities to local people and businesses. A lot of that is down to the hard work of our franchisees: the people who believe in our brand enough to take on their own slice of it.
30-40 hours per week, shift work TBC including evening and weekends. Total hours per week: 30.00
Wages - 16/17 - £5.50, 18-20 - £6.50, 21-24 - £7.95 , 25+ £8
As an Apprentice Crew Member, you'll quickly become part of a team, or ‘crew’, that works together to provide the best, quick service, and a great family restaurant experience. If you've visited one of our restaurants before, you probably have an idea of what is involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role.
Specific responsibilities that involve serving customers include:
- Working behind the counter on the till
- Out in the dining areas looking after our customers' needs
- Prepare the customer’s meal with care and respect
- Always give your customer’s gold standard food and drink every time.
- You'll be working in our fast moving, high energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
What will it be like?
Alongside your day to day training you will be working towards your L2 Hospitality Team Member Standard, which will involve a blended social learning experience, delivered on a 121 basis in your work place by one of our expert trainers every 4-6 weeks via face to face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype. The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills and behaviours.
You will also be assigned an Apprenticeship Mentor who will support you alongside your manager and assessor throughout your training and in the run up to your End Point Assessment. They will coach you from your first day and facilitate your 20% off job training as well as support you with your practical and online assessments.
‘Delivering the Vital Ingredient’
This is what your job role will involve:
- Prepare the customer’s meal with care and respect – give your customer’s gold standard food and drink every time
- Make the customer’s experience special - be genuine, adapt to each customer’s needs, be patient and welcoming
- Keep up-to-date with knowledge on our food and promotions
- Complete tasks and activities in line with training/SOCs, company guidelines and management direction
- Adhere to McDonald’s standards of quality, service and cleanliness and follow all workplace safety, security and food hygiene procedures
- Follow the ‘Fix Up, Work Sharp’ guidelines and take pride in your personal appearance
- Take responsibility for your training in all areas; look for opportunities to improve and develop!
Are you what we need?
To join us as an Apprentice Crew Member you’ll need to be:
- Confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people
- Friendly, courteous and helpful behaviour will come naturally to you and you’ll work well as part of a team
- Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must
- You’ll also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness
- The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is essential
- Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean
If you feel you can already demonstrate, or quickly learn the above skills, apply now and start your journey towards a rewarding career, with progression opportunities into Supervisor and Management roles.
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/11/2018
This job is located in Felixstowe, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.