Would you like to join an organisation that makes a positive difference to people’s lives?
If so, joining Saffron’s Community would be the perfect opportunity for you to train and develop as an Apprentice Housing Admin Assistant and become part of a team of over 200 employees who are committed to providing quality homes and services to the people of Norfolk and Suffolk.
As an Apprentice Housing Admin Assistant, you will attend training to gain a level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship whilst obtaining valuable on the job skills and experience to kick start your career
You will assist with the administration tasks within the Housing Management team, working with the Neighbourhood Officers and Tenancy Enforcement Specialists, responsible for the provision of an effective and responsive Neighbourhood Management service to Saffron Tenants.
** You can find out more about this apprentice opportunity at Saffron’s Apprentice Open Day on Wednesday 13th July – come along, meet the team and find out more about Saffron **
About the Department
The Neighbourhood Team is made up of visiting Neighbourhood Officers and Tenancy Enforcement Specialists. Our Officers are responsible for Tenancy changes, Tenancy breaches, home inspections, Estate inspections and management of Anti-social behaviour cases. They are supported by Tenancy Enforcement Specialists who manage high priority Anti-social behaviour cases and take enforcement action. We are contacted about a wide range of housing issues from tenants, partner agencies and departments at Saffron who we work in partnership with to find solutions to help our tenants keep to their tenancy agreements and ensure our homes and communities are safe places to live.
About the Training
Training will be via City College Norwich.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake and complete the Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship.
- Work within the Neighbourhood Team to learn on the job knowledge and to gain the appropriate skills to become a fully-fledged Housing Administrator by:
- Providing general admin support to the Neighbourhood Team
- Taking responsibility of monitoring the Team inboxes, and responding to queries and ensuring cases are directed to appropriate team/individual
- Dealing with enquiries from tenants and other departments within Saffron via telephone and email.
- Using our in-house computer operating system to:
- Raise repairs and purchase orders
- Ensure all data is held correctly by accurately maintaining, updating and recording all data accordingly.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest of working in a busy environment dealing with customers and tenants by making a positive difference to people’s lives, their communities, and their life chances by providing them with a decent home and environment in which to live.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a team and also able to work independently.
- Intuitive with IT and possess good IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Good level of general education including GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 / C or above, although a positive attitude and a willingness to work toward equivalent qualifications is equally important.
The closing date for this job offer is on 24/07/2022
£13,176.30 - £18,327.21 per annum
This job is located in Long Stratton, Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Saffron Housing
Established in 2004 and operating from a head office in Long Stratton, just a short drive South of Norwich on the A140, we manage over 6,000 homes throughout East Anglia. We p...