About the employer
Seaport Freight is an independent company, based in Felixstowe. We span all freight forwarding operations, including ocean freight, customs clearance, consolidation, warehousing and special projects, including the movement of stage equipment for many world-famous performers.
We have been operating in Felixstowe for over 30 years and pride ourselves on our long history of both stability and excellent staff retention.
Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 17:30, with an hour unpaid for lunch. Total hours per week: 37.50
This is an opportunity to begin your career with a serious, industry-focused apprenticeship, in a company that is committed to helping you to develop your skills. You will not be doing the filing or photocopying, but will start immediately on the basics of operational work, such as making up new job files and logging all the relevant details onto our freight software.
You will be placed with several existing staff to learn different aspects of the business:
- Imports and exports
- Sea, air and road movements, with an emphasis on sea freight
- Obtaining from clients the correct documentation and information for the cargo
- Preparing and submitting Customs entries
- Collecting and paying over to HMRC the relevant VAT and duties
- Dealing with consolidated import cargo
- Handling personal effects movements
- Booking and coordinating deliveries
- Recording all incoming costs, and charges to the client
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/01/2019
£10,000.00 - £12,000.00
This job is located in Felixstowe, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.