THE COLLEGE OF WEST ANGLIA
About the employer
The Hain Daniels Group is one of the UK's leading food companies. With sales of c£500m, we create food and drink products with natural goodness at their core. We're the business behind a host of household brands - Hartley's jams and jellies, Sun-Pat peanut butters, New Covent Garden Soup Co., Linda McCartney's meat free food, and Yorkshire Provender to name a few. We create quality freshly prepared fruit and juices, desserts, soups, sweet spreads and meat free products for our retail partners.
Fakenham is our dedicated Meat Free facility, producing vegetarian products under the Linda McCartney Foods brand and retail own label.
Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 17:00 with 1 hour unpaid lunch break when on site. Whilst at college hours will be align to college hours. Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2021
As per minimum recommendation on the Institute of Apprenticeship website for the Standard: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/food-and-drink-maintenance-engineer-v1-0
- Minimum GCSE or A levels at grade C/4, equivalent or above in English, maths and a science subject preferably Physics
- Additional/desirable - GCSE or A level in craft Design and technology or resistant materials
Whilst in training, you will be required to assist in the following:
- Providing maintenance support to production and to ensure that to the best of your abilities, that equipment operates effectively and safely
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance
- Carry out first line servicing
- Calibration and acceptance testing, on a range of electrical, electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment.
- Additionally, the post holder will be required to contribute to the support of electronic equipment such as programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- The apprentice will be part of the engineering team and will report into the Snr Process Engineer.
You will initially work day shift but will eventually move to 4 on 4 off rotating day and night shift.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/04/2021
This job is located in Fakenham
More Information and How to Apply
About College of West Anglia
Training more than 7,500 students each year, the College of West Anglia is one of the largest providers of education and training in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire with an exceptional track record of developing the skills and talents of our students. This...