We are a medium sized IT support company with over 25 years’ experience support local small to medium businesses. We have 8 engineers and an admin team supporting over 150 companies, mostly local although we have some national customers. We are based outside of Ipswich in a rural setting with relatively easy access from the main routes.
The role is within the support team alongside current senior engineers. We have 8 engineers covering over 150 customers and you have the opportunity to get involved with an array of jobs from desktop features to enterprise servers. You will get first-hand experience in cloud technologies, cyber security and project planning and installations.
What you will do in your working day
- To provide 1st Line support via telephone and remote software to customers
- Diagnosing and resolving where possible or escalating accordingly
- Updating company systems, opening/closing and following up on events/jobs
- Managing Customer IT documentation
- To proactively be aware of security and compliance and raising issues where appropriate
- To undertake any other related duties consistent with the post as directed by management
- Although these are not exhaustive day-to-day tasks, each day is different and you will be working in a support department alongside all levels of support engineer.
Training to be provided
W S TRAINING LTD.
Information communications technician Level 3 (A level)
The apprentice will complete the Information Communications Technician Level 3 qualification.
Functional Skills Level 2 for Maths and English are also available to take alongside the apprenticeship
GCSE or equivalent English and maths (Grade Level 2/C/4) Desired
Things to consider
• Occasionally accompanying Senior engineers on site visits to customers
• Opportunity to experience areas outside of the apprenticeship within IT
• Predominantly office based
• Open plan office
• No local amenities for lunch if you have no transport
We would be looking to keep the apprentices on as full-time engineers should they complete the program
On completion, a job offer would be made with a review of pay and responsibilities along with future path within the company
The closing date for this job offer is on 21/12/2023
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.