Chesterton Community College provide education to children from age 4 to 18. The Trust has 4 secondary schools two of which have Sixth Form centres, one primary and sports centres. We are based in Cambridge with schools in Impington, Chesterton, Girton, Witchford and Downham Market. One of The Eastern Learning Alliance goals is to improve the quality and richness of the education that we offer to our young people and ICT forms pivotal part of that vision.
We are a leading education Trust is looking to attract an IT apprentice to join their team at Chesterton Community College – to support the IT team in the day-to-day running of the school’s ICT network and ensure effective and efficient use of all systems.
What you will do in your working day
- Provide technical knowledge and support to classroom/non-teaching staff in all aspects of ICT equipment and software use
- To assist with setting up ICT and Media equipment throughout the College, e.g. assemblies, meetings, exams, performances, and external lettings
- Answering telephone and pass-by support calls making appropriate use of technical helpdesk systems to capture and track user support requests
- Maintenance service and repairs of all ICT equipment under the supervision of the relevant IT manager
- Installation of software and hardware including the updating of drivers and anti-malware software, service packs, software patches and updates
- To set up user accounts for staff and pupils in accordance with the school’s policies
- Set up and operation of the school’s visual and audio systems, attending events and functions where necessary
- Assist with the in the maintenance of the College website and digital signage systems
- Assist in the maintenance of the college ICT network infrastructure
- Assist with pupils requiring the services of ICT staff in the classroom, under the guidance of teaching staff/IT Manager
- Support the future development and expansion of schools’ systems to ensure that the school is able to provide suitable learning resources
Training to be provided
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Information communications technician Level 3 (A level)
Information Communications Technician Level 3 (A level) Apprenticeship Standard:
The practical period is the time dedicated to the development of the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours for your apprenticeship which includes the following components:
- Digital Core knowledge
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Mobile and Operating Systems
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 2 (exemptions apply).
- Day release at Cambridge campus, plus online workshops. The apprentice is assigned an assessor through the college, who would typically come out to visit in the workplace to assess workplace competence.
The knowledge side would be provided via remote workshop attendance, assignments, evidence of workplace competence. Portfolio would be checked via an online Smart Assessor.
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Knowledge of MS Windows, Keyboard skills, Interpersonal skills
Things to consider
Chesterton Community College is part of the Eastern Learning Alliance. The normal place of work will be based at Chesterton Community College but there may be a need to travel to other sites within the Trust. This post is based in a school environment, therefore enhanced DBS checks, among other pre-employment clearances will need to be carried out before you will be able to start at work. You must be able to support our policy on the welfare and safeguarding of children.
- An Apprenticeship with us has many opportunities in an exciting educational environment working with a skilled professional team, who will help to create exceptional places of learning in our Trust
- With the expansion of the Trust and our desire to grow further we may be able to offer further career opportunities in the future
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/03/2024
This job is located in Cambridge, Cambs
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.