About the employer
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries.
We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Monday - Friday, shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 35.00
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Programme
Closing Date: 1 February 2019
Our Global Infrastructure Integration team is looking for an apprentice who can demonstrate the ability to support an extensive Infrastructure environment and have an interest in the associated services within a large dynamic and global environment.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently using their own initiative and would enjoy being part of a global team. The key responsibility of this role will be to support the operational aspects of the Infrastructure environment with a goal understand all GIIS related functions.
This includes learning to support related monitoring and operational tasks, housekeeping associated with providing a healthy infrastructure and providing expert knowledge in the following:
- Service management
- Deployment integration and load balancing
- Cloud technology
- Active directory
- SharePoint and collaboration
- Database administration
- Systems management
Other responsibilities include:
- Liaising with application owners, technical business units, data centre teams and other diverse areas within IT on an ongoing basis.
- Infrastructure Health Monitoring
- Managing support teams queue on Service Now
- Ensuring all Incident, problem and request tickets have timely updates
- Raising Change requests and representing in Change Advisory Board on behalf of the team
- Support Ticket Resolution and supporting Service Management in reviews and root cause analysis
- Assisting team leads with resource management
- Maintain Team Processes Documentation
- Supporting ITSM Lead
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2019.
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/02/2019
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.