Applications for this role are now closed.
About the employer
We are a front-line Lloyd’s MGA with nearly 30 years’ experience in the market and long-established relationships within the Broking community.
This means we underwrite predominantly non-standard residential property policies, using our own knowledge and experience on behalf of Insurance companies and Lloyds syndicates.
We work mainly with Insurance Brokers and Agents to provide solutions to complex and non-standard risks. These will be things such as empty properties, properties build of unusual materials, or perhaps cases where policyholders have had previous claims.
We have also recently become a BIBA scheme provider, having partnered with a Tech Company to provide a physical solution for the growing issue of Escape of Water.
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30. Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Jun 2021
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
We have a vacancy to join our successful apprenticeship programme and gain experience of working in a busy office, and the insurance industry as a whole.
We are a Managing General Agent with over 25 years’ experience in providing niche Non-Standard Household insurance via our network of Brokers and other partners. We are in a period of targeted growth having recently gained Chartered status as a Chartered Insurance Underwriting Agent.
This role is a support function, completing important tasks that keep the business functioning while allowing more senior colleague to focus on other areas.
This is a real opportunity to make a difference in the business every day, and study for an industry recognised qualification as part of your new role.
There is real scope to progress for the right candidate who wants to make a step up to into Business Development, or perhaps into a more technical role and ultimately Underwriting.
Duties will include:
- To provide full support and take responsibility for day-to-day administration within the Business Retention Team
- Be responsible for fulfilment and issuing of documents
- To use your customer service skills to ensure you offer a professional, friendly, helpful, and can-do attitude when speaking to clients and Brokers
- To develop your knowledge through training and experience to be able to take on more technical aspects
- Field incoming phone calls and emails to the business, identify which calls can be resolved, and which need to be passed on to an underwriter
Key Result Areas:
- Support colleagues by providing assistance with day to day work while learning new processes and procedures
- Develop an understanding of the policy cover for the entire magenta insurance product suite
- Running daily print procedures for printing and emailing documents
- Issuing all renewal documents within company guidelines
- Create and edit documents manually as required
- Frank and prepare documents for posting
- Creating quote records from email enquiries
- Chasing Broker partners by email and phone on the status of extensions and renewals
- Calling policyholders to discuss upcoming renewals and changes made to their policies
- Field incoming phone calls to business, identify which calls can be resolved, and which need to be passed on to an underwriter
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
The closing date for this job offer is on 06/06/2021
This job is located in Bury St. Edmunds
More Information and How to Apply
About Skills Edge
Specialising in professional apprenticeships; Skills Edge provides high quality, career-focused training opportunities for individuals, professionals and employers. From apprenticeships to traineeships to stand alone qualifications, our range of accredited and...