About the employer
Covance by Labcorp is a leading global life sciences company, which provides contract research services to the drug, medical device and diagnostics, crop protection and chemical industries. Employing over 26,000 people worldwide, we provide comprehensive drug development solutions and are on a mission to advance health and power clear, confident decisions.
Covance is a global leader in nonclinical safety assessment, clinical trial testing and clinical trial management services. Our unique perspectives are based on decades of scientific, medical, and regulatory expertise.
Together with our clients, Covance by Labcorp supports the development of innovative, life-changing treatments.
Monday - Friday. Hours TBC. Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2021
- 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths, English and a science
- An A-level in Biology or Chemistry preferred but not essential
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Apprenticeship Program in Eye.
As an Apprentice Laboratory Technician within Covance, you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our testing and development work.
Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
Capitalise on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
You will learn the following:
- Routine and one-off laboratory testing and how to perform a variety of technical laboratory techniques
- Work both individually and as part of the laboratory team
- Work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken
- Work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and be able to maintain good accurate written records of work carried out
- Follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace
- Develop and apply your theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology
- Tissue recognition, cutting, staining and microscopy; and its associated data management
- Preparation and recording a wide variety of formulations for Toxicology studies
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/04/2021
This job is located in Occold
More Information and How to Apply
This site offers you an insight into Norfolk & Suffolk's most successful organisations, how they fit into our growing economy & the career & training opportunities on offer. Plus tools & resources for students, parents, careers leads & teachers that support ca...