- Do you enjoy getting to the heart of a problem and creating new solutions?
- Are you intrigued by technology and what it can do (regardless of what you’ve studied)?
- Would you like to earn a salary as well as achieving a qualification and learning from some of the brightest minds in tech?
- Do you want to work for a company that prioritises wellbeing?
If so, a Level 4 Technology Apprenticeship with us could be just what you’re looking for.
As the UK’s largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader in our industry, our Technology teams are crucial to our success. We truly believe our Technology community is amongst the most talented and supportive anywhere. Without their skills and ideas, we wouldn’t be the company we are today.
But we’re not the kind of organisation that gets complacent. We want to keep investing in our technology, and more importantly, we want to keep investing in the people behind our technology.
That’s why our Apprentice jobs are permanent from day one.
Technology careers for diverse Apprentices
New insights, perspectives and diversity of thought are all invaluable to us. Which is why you don’t need to have studied IT to join us in Technology. We have Apprentices that have studied everything from Music to Maths, from Business Studies to History, and they’re all equally brilliant.
We have a real variety of roles across our technology teams. As long as you’re curious and passionate about technology, then we can teach you the rest – you’ll have a structured training programme and a support network to help you develop.
Our Change Management Apprenticeship Pathway is suited to people who are naturally curious – big picture thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. If you enjoy organising, whether that’s information or people, and you like to influence the way things are done, this route could be a good match for you. You will join an 18-month programme where you’ll spend 80% of your time gaining real hands-on experience in the role and 20% dedicated to your Apprenticeship studies. Our roles in this area include:
- Business Analyst (Bristol, Norwich or York) - Our Business Analysts capture requirements to drive solutions to meet customer’s needs, whilst being able to explain complex concepts and problems in a simple way. They analyse and evaluate business opportunities and identify areas for improvement as well as championing the use of technology to improve how we do things for our customers and our colleagues. As well as your Business Analysis Apprenticeship qualification you will also get a BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Project Manager (Bristol, Norwich or York) - Our Project Managers are the experts of organisation; both of themselves and others! They are comfortable taking the lead in group situations and making sure that everyone is heard, and things get done in the right way, and on time. You’ll learn to act as an agent of change, driving success over the project lifecycle – from initial conception to delivery and handover. As well as your Project Manager Apprenticeship qualification we will also support you to achieve the Association of Project Management (APM) Project Management Qualification (PMQ).
- Programme Management Office (Norwich or York) - The PMO team plays a key role in supporting other business and technology colleagues to deliver strategic programmes totalling hundreds of millions in value. The Programme Management Office role specifically is often described as being the “conductor of the symphony”; the independent view that guides delivery in the right direction! As well as your Project Manager Apprenticeship qualification we will also support you to achieve the Association of Project Management (APM) Project Management Qualification (PMQ).
Whatever role you go into, you’ll be working on interesting and challenging initiatives alongside a community of highly skilled and experienced technology professionals who will be on hand to support and encourage you every step of the way. This is a brilliant learning environment – a place where everyone is welcome to share ideas, ask questions and seek out advice.
Where you’ll be based:
These Apprentice roles will be offered in Norwich, York and Bristol. Not all roles are available in every location so see above which can be based where. Flexible working has been engrained into our culture for a long time now. Post COVID-19, you can expect a blend of working in the office and some home working as applicable.
To join us as a Level 4 Apprentice, you will:
- Have at least five GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at A*-C or 9-4 grade (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- Have, or be on track to achieve at least three A-Levels at grades B, C, C or above (England) OR four Highers at grades B,B,B,C or above (Scotland) OR Level 3 equivalent?
You’ll also need to bring a passion for technology and how to use it to best serve customers and employees. You’re someone who can be a force for change and who’ll be able to show us how you’ve helped to change things for the better in your studies, your work experience or your outside interests.
If you’re also a natural problem solver who loves to learn new things, we think you’ll fit right in.
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £18,050 (depending on your skills, experience and qualifications) plus paid time to study
- A permanent role right from the outset – you’ll be taught and developed from the ground up by tackling real responsibilities
- Professional qualifications aligned to your role
- A caring, welcoming culture complete with wellbeing programmes, flexible working and an in-built support network, including buddies and mentors – many of whom have been with us for years
- A holiday allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to five additional days
- An annual performance-related bonus and pay review
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Plus plenty more
The recruitment process:
We’ll assess your strengths as well as looking at how well you connect with our values throughout the process.
The process itself involves:
- Making an online application – this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial CV screen, you’ll be sent some online tests
- Pass these, and you’ll have a telephone interview with us
- And if you do well in these, there’s an assessment day
We will assess you for all roles within the Pathway you apply for and we would encourage you to be as flexible as possible about any role preferences you indicate in your application. We will take these into account when making any final recruitment decisions but cannot guarantee your role preference.
We are looking at a September start date for all roles.
Proud to be diverse
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to Daniela.email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
The closing date for this job offer is on 22/02/2021
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...