ABOUT THE ROLE
We have a unique opportunity to start a career with the UK’s largest insurer whilst working towards gaining a Software Developer Level 4 qualification.
We are looking for dynamic and forward thinking people to join our very talented team within the Digital Gateway department. Currently we are entering a very exciting time as we migrate our technical stack and expand the services we offer, taking advantage of the latest products and tools in the world of cloud computing.
Our current primary delivery is moving our security infrastructure and applications into the cloud, taking advantage of the benefits and solutions that come with cloud based technologies. Our main focus is creating a platform that provides controlled and, above all, secure system access.
This will be a very broad and varied role utilising leading edge technologies. However, we are conscious that you may not initially have the skills required at this early stage. Therefore you need only to be technically savvy and most importantly, keen to learn and develop your abilities over time to be a good fit for our team.
The person for our role would have interest in one of the following areas, with a desire to learn more:-
Interest in software development, (using Java as an example) to produce code that sits behind a website, ideally with appreciation of how a connection and system are secured to prevent unauthorised access.
Interest in the security aspects of modern internet facing systems, with interests with anything along the lines of:
- cyber security, ethical hacking, firewalls, authentication and vulnerability management.
- Interest in infrastructure and operating systems, ideally Linux based (but windows experience is also welcomed), with knowledge of a scripting or programming language, this could be used to build experience of delivering infrastructure as a service (IAAS).
As a member of our Gateway & Security team, there are a number of paths you could take based on your skills and interests. This could include the following which you will be trained in:-
- Knowledge and experience with programming and scripting languages, for example, Java, Python, Perl, & Groovy
- Understanding of network protocols and web technologies for example HTTP, HTTPS, Hashing, Certificates
- Experience with Security Services for example:- Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) prevention, Web Application Firewalls and content delivery networks
- Knowledge of cloud based environment automation technologies. E.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, docker and scripting on a Linux based environment
- Identity and Access Management and web application security/ best practices, for example IBM Tivoli Access Manager / Security Access Manager (ISAM) or similar products
- Awareness of industry direction and trends within Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Cloud based technologies
- Linux/Unix System Administration
- Server automation and scripting
- Hands on experience with working on high volume systems
- Experience working in large, multi sited teams with a shared codebase, and designing & building for a consistently phenomenal customer experience
- Working within an agile dev/ops culture
- Management of key stores and certificated authentication.
- Experience with automated build approaches for cloud hosting.
- Maintaining component build pipelines as a part of Continuous Integration practices
- Using distributed version control systems to maintain our solutions’ source code
As an Apprentice Security Gateway Software Developer / Engineer you will work towards the Software Developer Level 4 qualification on an accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry recognised qualification.
Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job, and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
You will need to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and motivation and be committed to developing themselves to building a career at Aviva. You will also hold:-
5 GCSE’s A-C this must include English and Maths also preferably an IT or business related subject and/ or A levels at grade A-C, a Level 3 apprenticeship or other equivalent qualifications.
For further details and information on how to apply, use the More Info button below.
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...