- Would you love to learn how to develop software for a major organisation with big digital ambitions?
- Are you intrigued by technology and what it can do (regardless of what you’ve studied)?
- Would you like to earn a salary as well as achieving a qualification and learning from some of the brightest minds in tech?
- Do you want to work for a company that prioritises wellbeing?
If so, a Technology Apprenticeship with us could be just what you’re looking for.
As the UK’s largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader in our industry, our Technology teams are crucial to our success. We truly believe our Technology community is amongst the most talented and supportive anywhere. Without their skills and ideas, we wouldn’t be the company we are today.
But we’re not the kind of organisation that gets complacent. We want to keep investing in our technology, and more importantly, we want to keep investing in the people behind our technology.
That’s why our Apprentice jobs are permanent from day one.
Technology careers for diverse Apprentices
New insights, perspectives and diversity of thought are all invaluable to us. Which is why you don’t need to have studied IT at school to join us in Technology, but you will have an understanding or experience of coding. We have Apprentices that have studied everything from Music to Maths, from Business Studies to History, and they’re all equally brilliant.
We have a real variety of roles across our technology teams. As long as you’re curious and passionate about technology, then we can teach you the rest – you’ll have a structured training programme and a support network to help you develop.
Our Software Development Apprenticeship Pathway could see you developing the software that will shape our success now, and long into the future or you could be the person testing that our software meets our high standards. Our Software Development teams are pivotal to our technology transformation and they enable us to get the right products and services to the right customers, digitally and seamlessly. Our roles in this area include:
- Software Engineer (Norwich) – Our Software Engineers work to create new products and platforms and maintain and enhance our existing applications. They work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers’ needs: whether delivering technology change internally to meet the wider needs of the organisation or producing innovative digital tech like the award winning “My Aviva” customer portal.
- Test Engineer (Norwich) – Our Test Engineers are a pivotal part of our software development team. They are responsible for performing functional and non-functional testing to identify bugs, errors, defects or any problems that could affect the performance of an application or piece of software. You will be trained across a variety of our applications and will become an expert in test automation and technical innovation
- DevOps Engineer (Norwich) - Our DevOps Engineers are responsible for developing and facilitating the improvement and optimisation of our software engineering practices and processes to speed up and automate the development, testing and release of our code to production. They don’t settle for ‘this is how we have always done it’; instead they are constantly looking for opportunities to improve and optimise how we use technology in our business and are laser focussed on providing industry leading cloud capability
Your Apprenticeship will be an 18-month programme where you’ll spend 80% of your time gaining real hands-on experience in the role and 20% dedicated to your Apprenticeship studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited qualification (a Level 4 Apprenticeship).
Whatever role you go into, you’ll be working on interesting and challenging initiatives alongside a community of highly skilled and experienced technology professionals who will be on hand to support and encourage you every step of the way. This is a brilliant learning environment – a place where everyone is welcome to share ideas, ask questions and seek out advice.
Where you’ll be based:
We offer these Apprentice roles in our Norwich and York offices. Not all roles are available in every location so see above which can be based where. Flexible working has been engrained into our culture for a long time now. Post COVID-19, you can expect a blend of working in the office and some home working as applicable.
To join us as a Level 4 Apprentice, you will:
- Have at least five GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at A*-C or 9-4 grade (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- Have, or be on track for at least three A-Levels at grades B, C, C or above (England) OR four Highers at grades B,B,B,C or above (Scotland) OR equivalent
- You will also need an understanding or experience of coding, whether that be through your studies or outside interests.
A passion for technology and how to use it to best serve customers and employees is also going to be important! You’re someone who can be a force for change and who’ll be able to show us how you’ve helped to change things for the better in your studies, your work experience or your outside interests.
If you’re also a natural problem solver who loves to learn new things, we think you’ll fit right in.
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £18,050 (depending on your skills, experience and qualifications) plus paid time to study
- A Level 4 qualification
- A permanent role right from the outset – you’ll be taught and developed from the ground up by tackling real responsibilities rather than undertaking rotations
- Additional professional qualifications aligned to your role
- A caring, welcoming culture complete with wellbeing programmes, flexible working and an in-built support network, including buddies and mentors – many of whom have been with us for years
- A holiday allowance of 25 days, plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to five additional days
- An annual performance-related bonus and pay review
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Plus plenty more
The recruitment process:
We’ll assess your strengths as well as looking at how well you connect with our values throughout the process.
The process itself involves:
- Making an online application – this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial CV screen, you’ll be sent some online tests
- Pass these, and you’ll have a telephone interview with us
- And if you do well in these, there’s an assessment day
We will assess you for all roles within the Pathway you apply for and we would encourage you to be as flexible as possible about any role preferences you indicate in your application. We will take these into account when making any final recruitment decisions but cannot guarantee your role preference.
We are looking at a September start date for all roles.
Proud to be diverse
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to Daniela.email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
The closing date for this job offer is on 22/02/2021
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...