We are a Contract Packing company with a difference. Glowcroft can source, design, brand, print, pack and dispatch your products ready for store shelves up and down the country and beyond.
With almost three decades of contract packing expertise, Glowcroft is committed to quality and excellence in all areas of our operation. From our creative in-house design team to our state-of-the-art production lines, we package over nine million products a year for 100+ brands across the UK. Glowcroft is based in Needham Market, Suffolk and currently has 52 employees.
The role of Machine Setter is to set up machines in a fast-paced environment for multiple lines running in the Unit. You need to be able to balance the work required whilst maintaining an open and friendly communication style.
• Perform machine and packaging line set ups within the company’s health & safety guidelines, policies and processes.
• Assist Line Leader with issues, concerns of problems with equipment.
• Analyse problems and offer suggestions for correcting errors.
• Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues, other departments and your Line Manager.
• Measure the performance of mechanical components, devices and machines.
• Undertake unscheduled & scheduled repairs within budgetary guidelines to remove equipment from use due to unsafe condition with approve from the Production Manager.
• Assist the Production Manager to maintain adequate stock of tools, spares and consumables at all times.
• Maintain cleanliness of all engineering working areas, keeping them tidy at all times, to increase working space and reduce the fire risks.
• Responsible for keeping machinery tools and parts are stored away after use daily.
4 GCSE’s including English and Maths at grades 3-9.
Training to be Provided
The learner will be studying the Engineer Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard qualification.
Day release to West Suffolk College.
Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
Things to consider
We work a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday 07.15am to 18.00pm - occasionally you maybe asked to work on a Friday 08.00am to 12-noon.
Opportunity to work towards being a qualified Engineer with ultimate progression, for the right person with the right attitude, to be an Engineering Supervisor.
The closing date for this job offer is on 08/01/2024
This job is located in £ 11141, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.