Would you like to join an organisation that makes a positive difference to people’s lives?
If so, joining Saffron’s Community would be the perfect opportunity for you to train and develop as an Apprentice Maintenance Scheduler and become part of a team of over 200 employees who are committed to providing quality homes and services to the people of Norfolk and Suffolk.
As an Apprentice Maintenance Scheduler, you will attend training to gain a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship whilst obtaining valuable on the job skills and experience to kick start your career.
You will assist with the administration tasks associated within the Operational Delivery department, which includes primarily working within the responsive repairs team raising and scheduling repairs in accordance with agreed performance standards including assisting with the planning of all in-house trades work, pre and post inspections as required, and allocating work to external/sub-contractors
** You can find out more about this apprentice opportunity at Saffron’s Apprentice Open Day on Wednesday 13th July – come along, meet the team and find out more about Saffron **
About the Department
Operational Delivery is often seen as the reactive side of the business that focuses on the maintenance and compliance to our tenants’ homes. Our craftworkers and office team work together to ensure all repairs, boiler servicing and electrical testing are carried out to each of our 6500 properties, as well as upgrading our empty properties ready for the next tenant to move into their new home. Operational Delivery also looks after our Grounds Maintenance team who carry out grass cutting, garden clearances, hedge trimming and tree surgery within our managed areas including our sheltered housing schemes. We ensure that all work is always carried out in safe and timely manner, whilst assuring that we adhere to strict compliance regulations such as gas, electrical, asbestos, fire and legionella.
About the Training
Training will be via City College Norwich.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake and complete a level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
- Work within the Operational Delivery team to learn on the job knowledge and to gain the appropriate skills by:
- Being the first point of contact for enquiries from tenants, in-housework force and other departments within Saffron via telephone and email.
- Using our in-house computer operating system to:Raise appointment letters
- Process invoices and liaise with managing budget holders.
- Raise job instructions for contractors
- Schedule and monitor responsive repairs
- Checking appointment availability of the in-housework force and booking in jobs when required
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest of working in a busy office environment dealing with customers and tenants.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work as part of a team and also able to work independently.
- Intuitive with IT and possess good IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Good level of general education including GCSE English Language and Mathematics at grade 5 / C or above, although a positive attitude and a willingness to work toward equivalent qualifications is equally important.
The closing date for this job offer is on 24/07/2022
£13,176.30 - £18,327.21 per annum
This job is located in Long Stratton, Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Saffron Housing
Established in 2004 and operating from a head office in Long Stratton, just a short drive South of Norwich on the A140, we manage over 6,000 homes throughout East Anglia. We p...