Applications for this role are now closed.
Monday to Friday 08.30am to 5.00pm with occasional evenings and weekends. Total hours per week: 37.00
- Good general standard of education (4 x GCSEs or equivalent at Grade 4/C or above including English and maths)
- Must have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle due to the nature of the role
This post is funded by the European Social Fund.
To provide or offer appropriate support and assistance to individuals (including vulnerable young people), school staff, training providers, public sector staff and support organisations about accessing and taking up apprenticeships. The Apprentice Mentor will work with a caseload of young people in schools to identify and support young people who wish to embark on apprenticeships and ease the transitional period between education and the labour market.
The Apprentice Mentor will also spend time in an industry-based placement to support their business needs and increase capacity.
- Work with a caseload of up to 4 schools, working with established staff members such as careers leads and other activities taking place within schools (e.g. Enterprise Adviser Networks) to identify individuals that wish to pursue an apprenticeship
- Conduct 30 one-to-one apprenticeship mentoring sessions with a case load of young people
- Conduct 30 apprenticeship application support sessions per year
- Attend Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) events within the schools
- Support students into apprenticeships/further learning
- Liaise directly with the Apprentice Business Mentors, who are placed within business support organisations, to support the matching process between the young people and local businesses
- Regularly attend an industry-based placement
- Support the placements staff in activities that are being undertaken and use learning to promote the benefits of apprenticeships to both employers and young people
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Keep accurate activity records for timesheet recording
- Keep accurate records of any meetings/presentations/mentoring sessions/application support sessions etc.
- Monitor and report on project outcomes
- Produce case study material
- Support Marketing
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/03/2020
This job is located in Badersfield, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Apprenticeships New Anglia
Apprenticeships New Anglia is an innovative 3 year ESF funded programme starting in January 2020 designed to support small and medium sized employers (SMEs) to proactively recruit the best new talent into their businesses from education.