Applications for this role are now closed.
At Saffron we invest in helping people learn and grow and are passionate about offering apprenticeships to a wide variety of people.
If you would like to gain qualifications and skills to help you move to the next stage of your career and work for an organisation that makes a real difference in people’s lives, we have the apprenticeship for you!
By joining Saffron’s Community we can offer you the perfect opportunity to train and develop as an Apprentice Multi-Trade Operative where you will gain the appropriate qualifications whilst gaining on the job skills and experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- To undertake and complete the Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship.
- Working with the in-house workforce of trained operatives to carry out all general maintenance building work including improvements, minor works and new build contracts. To gain knowledge, skills and experience within the following areas:
o Carpentry, Plumbing, Decorating and Tiling
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine interest of training and working within a Multi-Trade / Maintenance environment.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Able to work as part of a team and also able to work independently.
- The ability to recognise the importance of listening and taking instruction whilst maintaining initiative.
- Possess a sound practical ability with good hand eye coordination.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable working within confined areas e.g. roof spaces, which are subject to fluctuating temperatures during the year.
- Ability to use a mobile device (mobile phone/tablet) to send and receive emails, access apps and MS Teams for meetings / training.
- Good level of general education including GCSE English and Maths at grade 2 / E or Functional Skills Level 1 in English and Maths, although a positive attitude and a willingness to work toward equivalent qualifications is equally important.
The apprenticeship training will take place at Easton College, Norwich.
The closing date for this job offer is on 02/07/2023
Age 16-20 £14,449.56 per annum, Age 21-22 £19,639.05 per annum, Age 23+ £20,102.05 per annum
This job is located in Long Stratton, Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Saffron Housing
Established in 2004 and operating from a head office in Long Stratton, just a short drive South of Norwich on the A140, we manage over 6,000 homes throughout East Anglia. We p...