About the employer
Following the huge success of Rendlesham Day Nursery, Bridge Farm Day Nursery was opened in July 2008. Bridge Farm is a purpose-built nursery that has a very professional but nurturing feel to it.
The nursery is made up of three rooms, Barn Owls (2-3 year olds), Toddlers (18 months-2.5 years) and babies (0-2years).
Each room is designed to fit with the immediate needs of the children in its age group. The children then feed on to our separate Pre-school building (3-5 years) which is a self-contained building with its own kitchen, garden, toilets, office and staff room, on the Bridge Farm site.
Every room has direct access onto our incredible garden. In 2009 we were successful in applying for a grant from the council to extend the garden and now we have fantastic play opportunities for all ages. As well as being north facing, the garden has a large pagoda providing shelter for the little ones during the summer months.
The baby room has it's own sleep area, complete with black out blinds, so that the babies can get the best sleep possible.
Monday to Friday on a shift rota between 7.45am -6.15pm. Total hours per week: 35.00
Parenta have many opportunities available and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom-based lessons
The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare.
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being proactive with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day-to-day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean, and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- Contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children; this includes creating a warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially, and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual, and reliable individual
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/03/2019
This job is located in Woodbridge, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.