About the employer
Set in a very spacious property we offer preschool education and childcare for children aged 6 months to 5 years old. We are open from 7.30am to 6.00pm daily, closing only for one week at Christmas and for Bank Holidays. Children are grouped across three separate age appropriate rooms with access to a well equipped garden. We offer a range of sessions including free Government funded sessions for eligible 3-5 year olds for up to 15 hours per week. We also offer funded sessions for eligible 2 year olds.
PARENTA TRAINING LIMITED
Monday to Friday on a flexible shift rota between 7:30am and 6pm. Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2021
No minimum GCSE or equivalent requirement
Parenta have many opportunities available and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
- You become an employed member of staff
- You will be paid an hourly rate
- You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons. The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 15 months. You will be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take part with day- to- day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Be able to understand and implement the setting’s confidentiality policy
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
The rate for apprentices (or if aged 19, for their first year only) is £4.15 from the 1st April 2020, however some settings offer more, with most offering a pay review with potential wage increase upon completion of probation: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/03/2021
This job is located in Watton, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
Parenta is a nursery software and apprenticeship training provider, with more than 10 years’ experience of working in the early years sector. As well as offering childcare, management and business administration courses, we’ve developed award-winning software....