About the employer
Chapelfield Children's Day Nursery is a private, non-profit making organisation providing quality care for children aged from 3 months to 5 years. It opened in 1990 and has been run by a limited company since 1998. It operates from a purpose built nursery unit which is situated in Chapelfield Gardens near the centre of Norwich.
PARENTA TRAINING LIMITED
Monday to Friday on a flexible shift rota between 8am and 6pm. Total hours per week: 40.00
Parenta have many opportunities available, and offer you the chance to ‘Earn as you Learn’ whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification. The best part? There are no classes to attend!
We are currently hiring candidates to work in a nursery setting.
The moment your journey begins as an apprentice:
You become an employed member of staff
You will be paid an hourly rate
You will work towards gaining a full qualification – without having to attend classroom based lessons. The apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months. You will be working towards a Level 3 in Childcare.
Throughout your role you are not alone. Parenta offer you full training, support, guidance and are here to help you progress your career. You even have a personal assessor/tutor assigned to you from the moment you start your journey as a modern apprentice.
Your role will include:
- You will be a team player whilst maintaining the ability to initiate and self-manage your own tasks
- You will be required, at all times, to maintain the highest possible standards, in order to provide the best possible and environment for the children, by ensuring full compliance will the setting’s policies and procedures
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active with the help and care carried out within the early years teaching sector
- To assist with the daily routine and interact with the children
- Monitor well-being & Involvement of the children
- To assist with the EYFS planning and keep records of key children up to date.
- To assist and instigate activities suitable for the age range of the children within the unit
- Carry out daily risk assessment checks of the garden and setting as required, recording on the appropriate record forms
- To build and foster relationships with children's parents/carers
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual children – Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Ensure you are at all times fully up to date with and implementing the Safeguarding Policy & Procedure in line with Ofsted and OSCB – undertake training as and when required
- Be responsible for reporting any concerns regarding any child in your care to the Room Leader/Deputy Manager or Manager
- Throughout this role, you will gain extensive knowledge and experience within the working environment which will set you up for a great career upon completion. This will hopefully lead to permanent employment within the early learning year’s sector or even continue to the next level, undertaking further training.
Ideally you will:
- Be passionate about caring for children
- Have an outgoing, bubbly, motivated attitude
- Be a committed, punctual and reliable individual
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/07/2019
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
Parenta is a nursery software and apprenticeship training provider, with more than 10 years’ experience of working in the early years sector. As well as offering childcare, management and business administration courses, we’ve developed award-winning software....