Petlife International is an established pet product provider to the trade and also directly to the consumer and has been trading since 1993. Based in Bury St Edmunds and with manufacturing premises in Wales and Lincolnshire, Petlife is the owner of the original Vetbed brand which sells across the UK, Europe and further afield. Petlife provides products for dog and cats as well as small animals including rabbits and hamsters. Petlife also owns the Harkers brand, world famous for its superior Pigeon health products.
Pet-life is looking for a person to support the office team in Bury St Edmunds, whilst developing their skills in administration and marketing – both online and offline. Supported by the Office Manager the right person will be keen to learn, organised a good communicator and preferably with an interest in marketing and loves animals.
Office Support Job Responsibilities:
- To be the first point of contact for all incoming sales calls into the office. To re-direct to office colleagues as appropriate.
- To manage incoming emails sales enquiries.
- Event support – bringing together stand content and on occasions attending events to support the Managing Director.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the Harkers website. This includes making changes as and when to content.
- To keep both Petlife websites up to date re: products in and out of stock and daily order completions.
- To prepare Harkers website for monthly promotions (editing and adding/deleting offers and text on product pages).
- To manage donation and raffle prizes and inform the current social media agency of those sent out for social media promotional support.
- To diary and request from the external graphic designer monthly, jpeg trade offer designs and prepare websites for uploading.
- To monitor website offers and pricing to ensure they are listed correctly.
- Marketing support services to include
- Registration cards recorded and data saved for marketing uses in the future
- Social media supporting agency posts
- Monitoring success and circulating internally
- Managing the company marketing literature for use in campaigns and at exhibitions
GSCE Maths and English at grades 4 or above required.
Attention to detail
Customer care skills
Training to be Provided
The learner will be studying the Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship standard qualification.
Day release to West Suffolk College.
Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
Things to consider
This role is entirely office based.
This is a new role within the company and an opportunity for the right person to take on further responsibility and ultimately lead onto a permanent role; following the successful completion of the apprenticeship
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/12/2023
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.