We build homes throughout the UK. With more than 400 prime locations nationwide, we’re probably building homes near you right now. We offer choice, a first home, one- and two-bedroom apartments and an extensive range of two, three, four and five bedroom homes.
There is an opportunity for two painting apprentices to join their team.
An exciting opportunity to start a career as an Apprentice Painter and Decorator working for Persimmon Homes (Anglia).
You will be required to assist our experienced team with:
- Undertaking all aspects of the Painting and Decorating trade
- Providing excellent customer service to our clients
- Working to workplace health & safety company standards
- Keeping the workplace clean and tidy
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
The Level 2 Painting and Decorating Standard is primarily delivered in the workplace with 1 day a week attendance at college (West Suffolk College). Should you not possess suitable concession qualifications, you are also required to attend college to undertake Functional Skills Qualifications.
GCSE Maths and English at Grade 4/C (or above). As part of the pre-employment check process, proof of qualifications will be required.
You will have the following skills:
- Good practical and problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work with precision with attention to detail
- Ability to follow guidance and instructions.
- Good communication and people skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work independently on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Professional approach to work
You will need to be:
- Motivated and committed to a career in carpentry
- Willing to undertake additional trade specific training if required
- Open, honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Adaptable to change
- Able to work as a cohesive and committed team worker
- Hardworking and keen to develop new skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Pro-active in your approach
- Able to manage a varied workload
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship
Things to consider
Applicants will need to be fit as the job demands a lot of standing and physical activity. There may be a need to work some overtime as and when required. The job is in a location where your own reliable transport will need to be considered. The nature of the job role dictates that you may be working in an outdoors environment. If you are selected to attend a second interview you will be asked to complete a work trial for one day.
It is intended that, providing you successfully complete your apprenticeship, you will become a permanent member of staff.
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/07/2021
£167 per week
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.