TrAC are a not-for-profit Flexi Job Apprenticeship Agency registered with Government, providing shared Apprenticeship opportunities to apprentices, whilst helping contractors to meet apprenticeship targets on short term projects.
Our service is simple, flexible and easy to access.
Our Shared Apprenticeship Service and the Flexible Apprenticeships it delivers are recognised by CITB and the Department for Education, who both part fund the service. Having a TrAC apprentice on site allows you to demonstrate social value to your clients and main contractors.
We are looking to take on an apprentice Painter & Decorator to work within a specialist Painting and Coatings company which carries out a wide range of contracts, servicing many different sectors of the industry. The work includes refurbishments, new housing, social housing, stripping of lead-based paints and many specialist coatings.
The team of specialist staff the apprentice will be joining are fully conversant with all aspects of the industry, offering many years of experience. They provide a full survey/feasibility study as well as a measuring service to assist their clients.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to learn all the skills needed to become a competent Painter & Decorator and will be involved in tasks including:
- Measuring the work area to calculate the time and materials required to complete the project.
- Preparing the surrounding areas before painting.
- Preparing painting surfaces, including removing old paint, filling holes and cracks and washing walls.
- Choosing the tools to complete the job.
Applying paint and wall coverings.
Applying specialist coatings.
Cleaning up painting tools and supplies, replacing fixtures.
- Collaborating with painters on other larger jobs.
- Working with other construction professionals such as, carpenters, electricians and plumbers when necessary.
- Complying with health & safety standards and understanding risk & method statements.
- The apprentice will need a current CSCS card - assistance will be given in achieving this if not already achieved.
- The apprentice will need to successfully pass a Drugs & Alcohol test.
- We will assist you in revising for and obtaining a CSCS card, which will need to be obtained before taking up the Apprenticeship.
- Minimum Grade D/3 English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
Training to be provided
Painter and Decorator Level 2 Intermediate
Personal skills and qualities
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to follow clear instruction.
- Be of tidy appearance.
- Be willing to learn.
- Essential qualities
- A hard working ethic and a willingness to learn.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the course and work.
- Good coordination skills.
- A team player but also possess the ability to work independently.
- A can do attitude.
- Strong Communication skills.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/12/2023
£227 per week
This job is located in Cambridge, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.