Applications for this role are now closed.
Long Stratton Medical Partnership is a Doctors practice set in Long Stratton with seven doctors who look after around 12,000 patients from Long Stratton and surrounding villages. We are opened Monday to Friday from 8.15am until 6.00pm. At the practice we have a dispensary on site and dispense to around 6.5000 patients. We have around 50 members of staff at the surgery.
There is an opportunity for an apprentice to join the team.
The Dispenser's role is to process and dispense prescriptions that are requested by the practice's patients.
- Dealing with patients enquiries face-to face and by telephone, making sure patients are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner at all times.
- Ordering medications by computer or by telephone
- Receiving of stock on a daily basis making sure these products are received and stored in the correct manner according to their manufacturer's instructions and making sure the relevant paperwork is recorded in the appropriate place.
- Date checking on a regular basis.
- Recording fridge and room temperatures on a daily basis.
GCSE Grade 4 or above in maths and English is desired.
Basic computer skills
Good communication skills.
Able to work effectively in a team.
Likes being part of a team.
Confident in talking to people.
Caring and compassionate.
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship
Things to consider
The dispensary is a very busy department, we open from 8.15am until 6pm, and there are long periods of time when standing is necessary. The dispensary deal with face to face and telephone enquiries all day everyday, so mixing with the public can be challenging but rewarding. The dispensary is very busy so team work is the key to a well run department. You will be given 7.5hrs study time per week.
This Apprenticeship opens up opportunities within the NHS, or retail Pharmacy. You will also be gaining experience within a supportive and friendly team.
The closing date for this job offer is on 23/07/2021
£161 per week
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.