Applications for this role are now closed.
Crown Chicken, a division of Cranswick plc is progressive and expanding business which will not only offer you job security and fulfilment, but also the opportunity to develop and grow within your role. We operate in a responsible, sustainable, accountable and transparent way which helps to support our business growth.
This apprenticeship will enable you to learn and develop a career for yourself.
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be responsible for the welfare of the chickens on the farms and duties will include:
- Ensuring that bird welfare is never compromised
- Monitor ventilation, heating, feed, water, litter and lighting within the agreed standards, ensuring the highest quality conditions are provided.
- Communicate with the Farm Manager ensuring that information is provided promptly and accurately.
- Ensure all paperwork is accurately recorded
- Ensure that Site Security is maintained at all times, and report any issues
- Ensure that Site is maintained in clean, tidy and presentable manner.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all Codes of Practice are adhered to at all times.
- Flexible approach will be necessary as this role will necessitate working at weekends with some early morning and late evening work.
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
- Ensure compliance with Red Tractor Assurance Scheme
- Ensure site is audit ready at all times.
You’ll achieve a Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Agriculture apprenticeship standard and will be ready for a career in the farming industry. Ideally you will have a GCSE pass in Maths and English but this is not essential.
By the end of the apprenticeship, you will have developed the knowledge and skills to kick start your career in the poultry industry.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
For the full apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 2 General Diploma in Work-based Agriculture
- Level 1 Functional skills in English
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths
- Short courses in health & safety, manual handling, poultry welfare, biosecurity & GLAA: labour exploitation - identifying the signs
Apprentices will also work towards and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
For the End Point Assessment (EPA) apprentices will undertake a professional discussion, multiple choice knowledge test and an observation.
The closing date for this job offer is on 02/06/2023
More Information and How to Apply
About Crown Chicken Ltd
We are proud to be the first UK chicken producer to invest in the revolutionary Nestborn ‘on-farm hatching’ system, improving the welfare of our birds. We have our own Milling operations in Norfolk...