From Apprenticeships Norfolk
This is a great opportunity to join a growing innovative Ground Penetrating Radar business based in Wymondham as an Apprentice Product Engineer.
As an Apprentice Product Engineer you will be an integral member of the close knit team providing bespoke GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) products to the trenchless technology and surveying industries. You will be heavily involved from day one and will be assisting with the service and upkeep of all the bespoke equipment which Drilline provide to their clients. This will be a challenging and exciting role and throughout the Apprenticeship the role will evolve as you gain more experience and knowledge of the sector.
Key duties will include:
- Liaising with suppliers/customers
- Stock management/inbound & outbound logistics
- Building and assembling bespoke GPR machinery
- Maintaining bespoke GPR machinery
- Understand quality control processes (inspection techniques)
To ensure you have an in depth understanding of the company and its core functions there will numerous opportunities to go off site and assist in various projects. This is a great opportunity to be part of a knowledgeable and highly experienced team who are well respected within this unique industry.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical expertise, creativity and innovative thinking
- Attention to detail and a strong awareness of safety
- Attention to detail/Accuracy
- Excellent communication skills – verbal & written
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Ability to work within a team/on own
- Personal qualities
- Practical approach/used to mending/assembling items
- Interest within Engineering/Construction industry
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Positive attitude
- Qualifications required
- Good general standard of education Mathematics and English qualifications GCSE grade ‘C’ or above OR predicted English GCSE grade ‘C’ or above OR equivalent
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 2 Apprenticeship in Performing Engineering Operations within the 12 month contract of employment
Potential full time employment on successful completion of apprenticeship along with opportunities to progress onto an Advanced Level Apprenticeships. There will be regular salary reviews throughout the Apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
Is the place of work on a bus route? Would you have accessibility issues? The successful candidate must adhere to and understand the importance of Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety and Confidentiality policies and procedures that are in place at Drilline Products.
For further details, use the More Info button below to visit Apprenticeships Norfolk
The closing date for this job offer is on 27/05/2018
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.