We're Flagship. We build homes, let, improve and maintain them for people in need. We don’t simply want to make a difference to our customers and their communities – we want to solve the housing crisis too. To help us, we build homes for sale, reinvesting any profit we make where it’s needed most - we call it profit for purpose.
We give our people the freedom to try new things and do whatever they need, to solve problems in doing what’s right for our customers.
There is a housing crisis in the East of England. By spending money wisely, improving relentlessly and working together in partnership with other businesses, housing associations and local authorities, we can meet our ambitious goal. As Flagship, we can make a difference, but together we can solve the housing crisis in the East of England.
Are you looking for a career working in a trade environment? Do you want to earn while you learn? Do you want to be part of a customer focused team delivering an outstanding repairs and maintenance service across East Anglia? Our Apprentice Property Maintenance Operative could be for you.
You will work towards a Level 2 qualification gaining skills in basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating. Working alongside a mentor, you will have lots of opportunities to learn, develop your skills and gain practical experience.
This is a mobile role and your location will be dependent on the customer demand.
- Self-motivated with a methodical approach to long term study.
- Demonstrate personal attributes including the ability to work efficiently, diligently and courteously to achieve the highest standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and colleagues.
- Personal attributes to include smart appearance, reliability, accountability, ownership and responsibility.
- Level of suitable fitness (including the ability to lift, work at heights and in varied conditions).
- Willing to work under the guidance of qualified employees, to undertake a range of building repairs in accordance with relevant legislation, to achieve the highest level of workmanship and to complete the right repair, right first time.
- Committed to excellent customer service and putting the customer at the forefront of all you do.
- Work harmoniously with others in a positive team atmosphere, promoting confidence and trust within the Flagship brand, both internally and externally.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures; co-operate with managers in complying with statutory health and safety duties.
- Take personal responsibility for own Health, Safety and Welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace.
- Take personal responsibility for seeking value for money opportunities to get service right first time.
- Understand and use measures to enable continuous improvement.
- Ensure that It Security and Data Protection Legislation is adhered to at all times.
- Actively support Flagship Group’s E,D & I policy to ensure that all customers/residents and colleagues within the Group are treated fairly, with dignity and respect.
GCSE Maths – Level 4 (Grade C) or above
GSCE English – Level 4 (Grade C) or above
- Full UK driving licence and means of transport to travel to work and West Suffolk College is necessary for the role. A company vehicle provided after first year of apprenticeship is completed.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and commitment to delivering outstanding customer service.
- Previous experience of working in Trade environment is desired.
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive to achieve results to a high standard.
- Inquisitive, you will want to learn why things happen.
- Curiosity, you must have the willingness to learn.
- You must be able to record information accurately on paper and electronically.
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship
Things to consider
What’s in it for you?
- Practical experience to develop your skills across a range of trades.
- Salary above the national apprentice rate : £11,933 per annum.
- 25 days’ annual leave.
- Eligibility for our pension scheme.
- Flagship Rewards membership – including cycle to work scheme, retailer discounts, gym membership.
- Uniform, PPE, tools and equipment provided.
- Paired up with a Mentor who has access to a vehicle in year one and supplied with a company vehicle for year two.
- Opportunities for career growth .
- Weekly lessons (face to face and remote) hosted by West Suffolk College.
- If you are under 18 years old then you will not be expected to work more than 40hrs a week to comply with government regulations.
Flagship (RFT) is entering the next exciting stage of its development, working towards our purpose of “repair completed at my convenience”. By working to a specific set of customer-focused principles, RFT presents an environment that is radically different in its approach to social housing maintenance. Entering RFT provides the candidate with an unparalleled opportunity for growth in a busy and demanding environment. The immersive environment of responsive repairs is ideal to provide maximum learning opportunities.
Once completed, we anticipate a successfully qualified apprentice using the experience gained during their studies to enter the next stage of their career with us.
The closing date for this job offer is on 16/07/2021
£11933 per year
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.