Applications for this role are now closed.
An exciting opportunity to join the Mattishall & Lenwade Surgeries as an Apprentice Receptionist and Administrator. The successful applicant will undertake a wide variety of administrative duties supporting the Practice Manager, Doctors and Health Professionals.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2021
Weekly wage: £138.60 to £267.30
Working week: Monday-Friday 9.00- 4.00 (hours TBC)
Total hours per week: 30.00
Expected duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 28 Jun 2021
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level 3 (A level)
Reference number: VAC001717891
Positions: 1 available
The successful applicant will be required to work as a key member of our staff on a variety of administrative tasks.
We need an individual who is motivated, can demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and who is prepared to listen and learn. In return we can offer you comprehensive training, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity to be part of a team that values excellent patient service.
Duties will include:
- Liaise with Colleagues and undertake tasks and notifications received from them throughout working day
- Liaise with the hospital staff as and when necessary to chase up appointments, results and clinical letters etc.
- Liaise with community staff such as District Nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, etc. concerning patients.
- Liaise with patients face to face or via telephone to sort out any queries they may have with regard to their appointments, results and any other problems arising.
- Assist with electronic scanning and processing of incoming post
- Photocopying patient record and various admin documents
- Make and serve refreshments in turn with other reception staff
- Registering new and temporary patients
- Booking of appointments
- Managing patient records
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept clean and tidy
- Process repeat prescriptions for dispensary
- Other duties as applicable
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of I.T. including Microsoft Office – Word etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and problem-solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and procedures
- Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
- Willingness to learn and develop own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures both in own working area and others
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The successful candidate will be dealing with confidential information and must understand the need for discretion at all times
- Good general standard of education English qualification GCSE grade ‘C/4’ or above OR predicted English GCSE grade ‘C/4’ or above OR equivalent
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship within the 18 month contract of employment
- Potential full time employment on completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Is the place of work on a bus route? Accessibility issues?
- The successful candidate must adhere to and understand the importance of Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety and Confidentiality policies and procedures that are in place at Mattishall & Lenwade Surgeries
About the employer
A very busy General Practice in the heart of Mid-Norfolk serving a population of around 8500 in a rural setting.
The practice is registered under the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act. This booklet contains information relevant to the requirements of these Acts. If you have any queries or require a copy of our Publication Scheme, please speak to the practice manager or administration manager.
The practice has various policies including a Complaints Procedure. Full details are available from the Practice Manager. In addition, there are policies covering Health and Safety, Data Protection, Zero Tolerance to Violence, Disability Discrimination and others.
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Contact: Ben Gaskins firstname.lastname@example.org
The eighteen month work based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator
City & Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills maths
City & Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills English
This Apprenticeship standard will also include an end point assessment which entails the following:
- Project/Improvement Presentation
- Knowledge Test
- Portfolio based Interview
This Apprenticeship will be also include monthly day release to our Training centre based in Mattishall.
Apprenticeship standard: Business Administrator Level 3 (A level)
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/06/2021
£138.60 to £267.30 per week
This job is located in Mattishall
More Information and How to Apply
This site offers you an insight into Norfolk & Suffolk's most successful organisations, how they fit into our growing economy & the career & training opportunities on offer. Plus tools & resources for students, parents, careers leads & teachers that support ca...