**20 month Fixed Term Contract - Apprenticeship**
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to become an Apprentice and gain experience in the NHS. You will develop new skills and knowledge whilst working with an established team gaining valuable work experience and a recognised apprenticeship qualification.
You will be enrolled with a local education provider and will be required to complete your Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme within the duration of the contract.
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Neurosciences directorate for an Apprentice Medical Secretary/Waiting List Co-ordinator in the Neurophysiology department. This varied post will provide secretarial assistance to the existing team in neurophysiology department to ensure the smooth running of our busy diagnostic department, plus be involved in the management of waiting lists and booking appointments with our patients.
Experience of Trust key systems such as PAS is desirable as is a working knowledge of NHS and Trust protocols and procedures. Knowledge of RTT and diagnostic targets will also be vital in this role however full training will be given.
The successful candidate will be able to prioritise their varied workload in order to meet the growing service needs of a busy diagnostic department. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join our growing team so if you think that you have the right skills, we’d like to hear from you.
As post holder you will:
- Type and distribute clinic letters and neurophysiology reports on Electronic Template and Mindex.
- Complete essential secretarial tasks such as printing of results, letters and accurate tracking of patient case notes.
- Action referrals received in the department as appropriate.
- Add and outcome appointments on our PAS system.
- Check in patients upon arrival to the department and amend demographic details as required.
- Assist in the general everyday smooth running of a busy diagnostic service, ensuring that targets are met.
- Book diagnostic appointments in line with NHS and Trust targets.
- Support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.
All applicants must be:
- Aged 16+
- Resident in the UK/EEA for the last three years
- Must not have a qualification at the equivalent or above level in a similar subject (there needs to be significant new learning)
- Must NOT be in any form of formal government-funded education
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Good general standard of education
- 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
The NNUH are pleased to be able to offer a variety of challenging apprenticeships. Should you be selected for interview we may wish to discuss with you a range of alternative positions for you to consider.
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Interview date: 22nd April 2021
Documents to download
- Job Description
- Staff Benefits
- Our PRIDE Values
- Staff Networks Information - Supporting our colleagues
The closing date for this job offer is on 13/04/2021
£155.63 per week
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH)
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust carries out nearly one million outpatient appointments, day case procedures and inpatient admissions annually.