About the employer
At Hut Forty Two, we’ve been doing things a little differently.
We work with companies to solve their real-world problems. That means developing seriously innovative solutions that fulfil a real need, solutions that we can spec out to work to their best potential, and that - vitally - are scalable to the wider market.
It’s an approach that’s made some waves, seeing us emerge as one of the ‘names to watch’ in our area of software development. We’ve grown quickly - underpinned by a solid, established client base - and have a raft of very exciting projects on the horizon. That’s why we’re looking to bolster our team with new faces, bringing in further expertise to help us move to the next level.
Shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.50
GCSEs grades A-C / 9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) in maths and English
Carrying out routine maintenance and administrative tasks, your duties will include:
- Participate in agile sprints by organising your assigned workload alongside your other responsibilities
- Submitting code for Code Review by team members
- Writing test plans to be reviewed by senior team members
- Carrying out test plans and reporting on your findings to ensure the quality of our products
- Contributing towards team discussions regarding approach and system architecture
- Collaborating with team members to critically review the current working standard in comparison to the industry standard
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry trends and suggest new ideas / methodologies for adoption within the team
Supporting other members of the team in a number of ways, which may include:
- Carrying out self-contained tasks to support the construction of a wider system
- Observing / shadowing the team member and identifying mistakes / typing errors to speed up error-free development
- Setting up repositories, databases and other development environments
Carrying out tasks as appropriate on the team’s Issue Tracker, which may include:
- Bug hunting and fixing
- Self-contained tasks
- Feature requests
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/09/2020
This job is located in Norwich, Norfol
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.