Applications for this role are now closed.
Join the leading provider of PE & School Sport in the UK and start your ‘Premier Career Pathway’. We are a national company with a local voice.
You will be inspiring the next generation to lead active and healthy lifestyles from within a school environment and sign posting children into local community clubs.
‘Find a job you enjoy and you will never work again’!
By the END of the Level 3 Apprenticeship the Successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate;
1. Excellent knowledge and hold qualifications of sports coaching, which will include;
- Level 3 Delivering Physical Education and School Sport (PESS or equivalent transcend qualification)
- Leading Inclusive Physical Activity in Primary Schools Level 2
- National Governing Body Qualifications & Sport Activators
- Child Protection & First Aid Certificate
- Enhanced DBS clearance
- Experience and knowledge of working with children & young people.
- Competent in literacy & numeracy to a level 2 standard
2. Competency to perform at consistently high standards in a school environment;
- Be able to plan a range of innovative coaching sessions and programs
- Set up & deliver high quality sports coaching sessions to children and young people
- Develop and inspire young people to live and lead active lifestyles.
- Be able to produce accurate assessments and reports on children and young people’s progress
- Knowledge of the school PE National Curriculum
Assisting with the delivery of sport and physical activities to children and young people, both in school curriculum time following the PE National Curriculum and/or set programs of study and also deliver a range of OSHL, (Out Of School Hours Learning) extracurricular activities before school, at lunch times, after school and in school holiday periods.
Once delivery standards are at the required level, apprentices will lead their own session and wages paid as an Activity Professional rate.
Salary / Hours;
- 12 – 18 Month Full Time Apprenticeship. Start Date – April / May 2021
- Employed at £650 pcm across 30 Hours per week x 52 weeks per year (Mon – Fri)
- Mileage Expenses Covered
Successful apprentices will be fast tracked to be active members of coaching team within 1 year period with pay in line with fully qualified members of staff
Successful candidates will be placed in an area closest to home location to include:
- East Norfolk - Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Lowestoft, Acle
- South Norfolk - Thetford, Wymondham, Attleborough
- Norwich & North Norfolk - Norwich, Fakenham, North Walsham
Area office in Great Yarmouth which is easily accessible to complete apprenticeship 20% off the job training if required.
Skills and Experience:
Applicants need to be aged between 17 -24 and have access to own transport. Must be reliable with strong time management skills. Applicants must also be self-motivated and have a passion for sports coaching and inspiring young people through engagement and participation in physical activity and sport.
Successful candidates will undergo constant ‘in-house’ training, personal development and will be expected to attend additional external training in order to enhance their skills used within their job.
Upon receipt of CV, successful applicants will be invited to an awareness Meeting on Thursday 8th April at 7pm - 8pm to find out more. This will be held via Zoom.
Expected start date: 26/04/2021
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Licence/Certification: Driving License (preferred)
Work remotely: No
The closing date for this job offer is on 07/04/2021
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About Premier Education
Formed in 1999, Premier is a franchise dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of children through physical activity. We deliver sports, arts and wellbeing courses to around 240,000 children a year and 2500+ schools in the UK.