Monday - Friday, 09:00 AM - 17:00 PM. Total hours per week: 37.00
NPS Property Consultants represents the strategic partnership between NPS Group and Norfolk County Council, aimed at delivering exceptional services through property maintenance and consultancy. Whilst originally a dedicated public sector partner, NPS Property Consultants’ business portfolio has grown to incorporate a number of private sector clients across the East of England.
NPS are dedicated to providing training and development opportunities to those looking to start a career within any of their disciplines, and as such are looking to hire an Apprentice Structural Engineer into their Norwich based team. Alongside an industry recognised apprenticeship, you will get the chance to support an expert structural engineering team on a range of projects.
As you develop in this position, you will take on more responsibility, assisting with a number of tasks including;
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation, including drawings, specifications, calculations, CDM & Quality System documentation
- Planning of workload and resources
- Building, developing and maintaining successful client relationships
Our Successful Candidate:
Alongside your desire to create a career in a Structural Engineering environment, we are looking for you to have;
- GCSE’s, or equivalents, (Grade C/4 or above) in maths & English
- Further qualifications in a Maths based subject (A-Level, Degree, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
If you have any of the following, it would be an advantage;
- A Level in Physics, Geology or any Material Science
- Familiarity with design based software including AutoCAD or REVIT
- Experience, either commercial or work placement, in a similar role
Process & Apprenticeship Details:
- The Apprenticeship Course will start in September 2019, and it will be the BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6)
- We will look for someone to start the position in August 2019
- We will be conducting interviews in Mid-July 2019
An enhanced DBS check will be carried out on the successful applicant. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We are committed to employment practices and behaviours which encourage diversity, promote equality of treatment and eliminate unlawful and or unfair discrimination.
Please read the attached job description and person specification to ensure you meet the criteria for the role before applying.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful and will not be progressed to the next stage.
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/06/2019
£15,500.00 - £17,500.00
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About NPS Group
NPS is a national organisation, delivering a comprehensive and flexible range of property services, tailored to meet the needs of both public and private sector clients across the UK. We offer a wide range of services including: Integrated designManagement an...