About the employer
We are a Complex Needs School for 116 pupils, with moderate, severe or profound learning difficulties between the ages of 3 to 19. All pupils have different learning needs; they learn best when they are happy and excited about learning. All our pupils have a wide range of special and additional needs; pupils may have moderate to severe learning difficulties or profound and multiple learning needs with significant sensory impairment or medical needs.
Monday to Friday. Shifts TBC. 31.5hrs per week for 39 weeks (term time plus one week). Total hours per week: 31.50
The general duties attached to this post are as follows:
- Help students focus his/her attention and keep on task
- Help students develop positive relationships with other children and adults
- Develop knowledge and awareness of individual pupils, so that their needs can be met to the highest possible standard
- Remain vigilant, sensitive and responsive always, so that pupils gain confidence, and progress and problems can be observed, reported and acted upon
- To be ready to listen to a student and offer appropriate support when necessary
- Liaise with, assist and support LSAs/teachers in the delivery of lessons, including at times the preparation and maintenance of resources
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and development of an excellent learning environment in the classroom and the school
- Contribute towards recording pupil progress, and towards reports
- Attend meetings about pupil progress on an ‘as needed basis’
- Develop and promote pupil’s independence, social and communication skills, equal opportunities and racial equality including support for pupils in the community
- Support any individual pupil taking part in an integration programme in a mainstream school, following plans agreed between teachers and parents, and under the direction of teachers the school
- Assist with the support of individual pupils who may have challenging behaviour to ensure their access to the curriculum
- To provide lunch time supervision as directed as part of a rota
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and other out-of-school activities
- Engage in all necessary training offered and attend tutorials and assessments as required to successfully complete the apprenticeship
The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general level of responsibility of the post. The detailed duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character or level of responsibility entailed. There may be the need to aid or undertake other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Headteacher or designated colleague. On completion of this apprenticeship there are excellent career prospects for the right person to progress within the School.
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/10/2020
This job is located in Old Buckenham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.