About the employer
At Heather Avenue Infant School, we are committed to preparing children for a bright future in a changing world.
We enjoy getting to know every child, and their family, so that we can understand individual needs and ensure a positive learning experience for all. As a school community we work together to deliver an exceptional learning experience, using wonderful stories and themes to stimulate engagement, thought and learning.
Children at our school enjoy learning and achieve incredibly well because of our outstanding curriculum, and we have put in place a programme of awards to continually maintain its quality. Our incredibly caring and nurturing staff put the needs of our children first and take a holistic approach to supporting positive emotional health and wellbeing as well as academic progress. We aim to maintain an environment where children are kind to one another, enjoy their time at school, feel safe and are high achieving.
NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL
Possible start date
02 Nov 2020
5 days a week (Term time only) Monday to Friday - 8:30 to 3:30. Total hours per week: 30.00
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C or 4-9 English and maths or be prepared and willing to complete the Functional Skills qualifications in your own time alongside the apprenticeship. Training for this provided by Adult Learning. We offer a flexible delivery style to suit every learners’ individual needs and requirements.
During lessons, you’ll work together with the class teacher to support pupils with classroom activities and help to manage behaviour. Excellent communication and enthusiasm will be key in supporting all pupils to progress, achieve and overcome any problems. You will support all areas of the curriculum including English, Mathematics and Computing within the classroom. You will also accompany teaching staff and pupils on trips and other out-of-school activities.
You will act as a role model for pupils and be a positive influence on their behaviour and performance at school.
On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will achieve the nationally recognised Supporting Teaching and Learning qualification, as well as valuable work experience, which will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time Teaching Assistant position.
You will be required to assist with:
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
- Prepare the classroom for lessons, and clear away afterwards
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting any difficulties.
- Support pupils to understand lesson instructions
- Support pupils in respect of school curriculum, e.g. Literacy, Numeracy, and Early Years, as directed by the teacher
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and other out-of-school activities
- Compliance with all necessary policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/10/2020
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Norfolk County Council
Norfolk County Council is the administrative authority for the county of Norfolk, it is split into seven local government districts. It's main offices are located in Norwich, with further offices and supporting services across the county. Norfolk County Counc...