As one of the UK's leading repair groups, East Bilney Coachworks is dedicated to delivering a premium service and quality repairs.
Based in the East of England, East Bilney Coachworks combines the use of state-of-the-art and conventional technologies to repair a varying range of vehicle types. Our sole aim is to offer our customers the complete repair solution and is supported through our continued investment in technology and training, as well as our ability to remain flexible and dynamic amidst evolving market trends.
Since trading began in 1975, East Bilney Coachworks has maintained strong working relationships with many insurers and manufacturers, whilst enhancing our constantly expanding customer base year upon year.
As an apprentice vehicle damage panel technician, you will be repairing accident damage to vehicles i.e., removal, repair and replacement of vehicle body panels to vehicle manufacturer specification. The vehicles can include cars and light commercial vehicles. Expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, including safety precautions, panel preparation and body measurements
- Identify the material used in the construction to enable the correct joining techniques and manufacturer specifications to be adhered to
- Interpret relevant technical data and methods to make sure that any joints are in line with vehicle manufacturer specification and the vehicle/body panels are aligned correctly
- Ability to identify and understand the correct joining technology
- Remove, repair, and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently
- Operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools
- Identify and communicate supplementary damage such as panels that were deemed to be reparable but once worked on were found to be beyond repair along with damage that could not be established on original inspection
- Ability to detect and rectify faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our training partner will deliver a high-quality Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician programme here in our state-of-the-art bodyshop
- No college attendance required as training will take place onsite.
- You will work alongside a highly skilled mentor who will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified vehicle panel technician
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician apprenticeship standard
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level via Functional Skills training prior to taking the end-point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following completion of your apprenticeship, the right candidate could expect to be offered permanent employment as well as opportunities to progress within the company into roles such as Workshop Controller, Vehicle Damage Assessor or Bodyshop Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Physical fitness
GCSE or equivalent English GCSE or equivalent (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths GCSE or equivalent (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/11/2023
This job is located in Thetford,, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.